Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Yorkville UCS1 wheels

(1/1)

David Allred:
Hello all,
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair.  My only experience with tilt back wheels are with Peavey SP4xt's.  within about a year they were falling apart (mostly hub separation or broken tread sections).  How well-built are the wheels on the UCS1?  What is your experience with them?  How do the handle threashholds?  Sidewalk divider openings?

Thanks,
David

Dave Rickard:

--- Quote from: David Allred on January 26, 2011, 04:05:19 PM ---Hello all,
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair.  My only experience with tilt back wheels are with Peavey SP4xt's.  within about a year they were falling apart (mostly hub separation or broken tread sections).  How well-built are the wheels on the UCS1?  What is your experience with them?  How do the handle threashholds?  Sidewalk divider openings?

Thanks,
David

--- End quote ---

I had one wheel fail and Yorkville sent me a replacement *pair* for free.

Tough to beat that.

Brian Houchin:
I don't use mine too much anymore, but after 5 years the ones on mine are a little rough but still roll.  They do make a "clacking" sound where cracks have started to form around the hub area.

Mike Pyle:
They do eventually break under hard use, but Yorkville keeps plenty of new ones in stock and they are not expensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version