ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream video to overflow room?  (Read 31865 times)

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
Re: Stream video to overflow room?
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 12:05:40 PM »

Beware of the complex solution to a simple problem.

It's a fairly simple matter to run an audio feed from the FOH board to the overflow room, and a fairly simple matter to run a composite (yellow connector) signal from a video camera to a projector using 75-ohm coax cable (RG-59 or RG-6) and a couple of RCA to F adapters. No RF modulator needed.

I'm not sure what the maximum length you can drive with this is, but I've pushed through 100' or RG-6 just from the output of the video camera's composite out with no significant loss of quality. It was an NTSC signal, not HD.

The OP's concern (way back in August, and he ended up just running cables anyway) was penetrating a cinder block firewall. If this was a permanent setup, there are proper materials and methods for penetrating a firewall without compromising safety. Since this was a temporary setup, running cables out the back door is (and was) the easiest solution.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Nick Bair

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 05:24:28 PM »

Remote desktop is not designed for full motion video. You will get like 3 frames per second.

I have heard good things about wireless VGA extenders. I don't think cinder block would hamper the RF signal used by these. They have a range of about 30ft which is more than enough if you put the receiver and transmitter up against the firewall.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 11:01:28 PM »

Remote desktop is not designed for full motion video. You will get like 3 frames per second.
It will do full motion video, IF the video is playing on Server 2008R2 (or Win7 Ultimate/Enterprise) with Remote Desktop Connection version 7.0 on the client computer.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2009/07/24/multimedia-redirection-improvements-in-windows-7-and-ws2008-r2-part-1.aspx
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 11:01:28 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.