ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some help  (Read 5731 times)

Mark Wills

I need some help
« on: March 27, 2011, 10:41:03 AM »

Identifying  some vintage PA speakers, They use EV dh1 drivers. There were three different sizes, all pointed in different directions.  I have more pictures if needed.

Mark Wills

Re: I need some help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 10:47:04 AM »

Identifying  some vintage PA speakers, They use EV dh1 drivers. There were three different sizes, all pointed in different directions.  I have more pictures if needed.

The 3 boxes were also installed. They are EV tl806 dx Low freq modules.

The High and med freq' were powered with 2 channels of a QSC cx 254  in some sort of series / parallel circuit and  the low freq's were powered with a QSC cx 302  with 2 one one channel and 1 on the other.
Complaints abounded.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
Regarding: " I need Help" Mark Willis
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »

Mark,

The EV DH1 drivers are an old driver.  Minimum crossover at 500 hz.  They are rated at 75 Watts. 

The Horns are probably EV also.  The DH1 drivers were suggested for these EV horns:

HP  420
       and the 9040 

I'm guessing that the horns in your photo are three of these, above models.

The TL 806 numbers are box models from EV for those that wished to build their own Cabinets.  Plans are still available for many of their designs .   Your numbers do not directly correspond to EV's numbers.  EV had only two cabinet designs with the "TL 806" designation. The first had only one 12" driver, and the second had FOUR 12" drivers.

(Your cabinets have two drivers in them)

These box designs did NOT have a midrange driver in them, they were designed as part of a two-way system.   

So...I'm guessing that someone took a design and corrupted it.

The eyebolts used for hanging the cabinets are an unsafe added feature, they should have never been hung.

These horns and drivers were considered professional gear in their day, but, by today's standards, cannot compete. 

Cheers,
    Hammer

Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Mark Wills

Re: Regarding: " I need Help" Mark Willis
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 01:04:40 PM »

Mark,

The EV DH1 drivers are an old driver.  Minimum crossover at 500 hz.  They are rated at 75 Watts. 

The Horns are probably EV also.  The DH1 drivers were suggested for these EV horns:

HP  420
       and the 9040 

I'm guessing that the horns in your photo are three of these, above models.

The TL 806 numbers are box models from EV for those that wished to build their own Cabinets.  Plans are still available for many of their designs .   Your numbers do not directly correspond to EV's numbers.  EV had only two cabinet designs with the "TL 806" designation. The first had only one 12" driver, and the second had FOUR 12" drivers.

(Your cabinets have two drivers in them)

These box designs did NOT have a midrange driver in them, they were designed as part of a two-way system.   

So...I'm guessing that someone took a design and corrupted it.

The eyebolts used for hanging the cabinets are an unsafe added feature, they should have never been hung.

These horns and drivers were considered professional gear in their day, but, by today's standards, cannot compete. 

Cheers,
    Hammer

Thanks!  I still haven't been able to find a perfect match for the horns but I did sell off the bass drivers.
Hoping to sell off at least the DH1 and recoup some $$.

Thanks Again Hammer !

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Regarding: " I need Help" Mark Willis
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 01:04:40 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.