ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeking recommendation for ear buds on a budget  (Read 2508 times)

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
Seeking recommendation for ear buds on a budget
« on: August 07, 2011, 11:47:32 PM »

My singer is in need of a new set of ear buds for his IEM's.  He has a Sure IEM system and used the buds that came with it until they broke.  I got him some M-Audio IE-10's to replace them and he's been very happy with the sound of them.  He's had the IE-10's a few years now and they are showing signs of wear.  The cable broke, so I fixed it.  Then he lost one of the ear pieces.  We're getting to the point where we should think of getting a back up pair at the very least.

I'm looking for decent ear bud recommendations in the $100 - $150 area.  I'd get the IE-10's again, but it looks like they've been discontinued (?).

Yes, I know the obvious recommendation is for him to get a custom fitted ear piece... I've talked to him about it at length.  Let's just say this is not an option.

Justin Staszewski

Re: Seeking recommendation for ear buds on a budget
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 12:06:53 AM »

My singer is in need of a new set of ear buds for his IEM's.  He has a Sure IEM system and used the buds that came with it until they broke.  I got him some M-Audio IE-10's to replace them and he's been very happy with the sound of them.  He's had the IE-10's a few years now and they are showing signs of wear.  The cable broke, so I fixed it.  Then he lost one of the ear pieces.  We're getting to the point where we should think of getting a back up pair at the very least.

I'm looking for decent ear bud recommendations in the $100 - $150 area.  I'd get the IE-10's again, but it looks like they've been discontinued (?).

Yes, I know the obvious recommendation is for him to get a custom fitted ear piece... I've talked to him about it at length.  Let's just say this is not an option.

Check out the Future Sonics Atrio.  Fantastic and about 200 bucks.  Couple bucks out of your price range but worth the extra money.  I live about 20 minutes from their offices in Bristol, PA and their quality customer service is excellent.

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 05:15:06 PM »

Check out the Future Sonics Atrio.  Fantastic and about 200 bucks.  Couple bucks out of your price range but worth the extra money.  I live about 20 minutes from their offices in Bristol, PA and their quality customer service is excellent.

Thanks for the recommendation!  I found another thread HERE on this topic.  Anyone have opinions about the Westone Ear Monitors?  Thinking of a UM1 or UM2's.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 06:18:05 PM »

Thanks for the recommendation!  I found another thread HERE on this topic.  Anyone have opinions about the Westone Ear Monitors?  Thinking of a UM1 or UM2's.

One band I am with has been using the LIve Wires, which I guess is now called fidelity custom earphones. They have had good service and support. Several of them had the molds made at a local clinic (cheap). The price of molded is not much more than decent universals.
Jay Barracato

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:27 PM »

I like my Westone UM1 and if I were buying today I'd probably buy the UM2.  However I'm not performing with them so YMMV.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:27 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.