ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accuscan vs Technobeam  (Read 7298 times)

Josh Brewer

Accuscan vs Technobeam
« on: January 25, 2011, 04:01:31 PM »

Not very knowledgeable in this area...Looking to purchase either some "B" stock accu-scans or used technobeams.  I have friends that own each and they both appear to be excellent units.  For about the same price I can get (4) of the "B" stock accu-scans with 90 day warranty or (4) used Technobeams (2 with iris) and the controller.  Anyone have any suggestions on which would be the best buy?  Thanks.

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
Real names are required
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 05:58:03 PM »

Real names are required to participate here on the Lighting Forum (as well as all of the other "Live" forums)

Go to your profile and change your handle to your real name or your posts will be deleted.

Craig
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Accuscan vs Technobeam
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 09:46:03 PM »

This should really be a no brainer. One is a internationally accepted intelligent light. The other has "DJ" literally written on the side of it.....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Josh Brewer

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »

ha good point!  I've always felt the same way, it just seemed that everyone has been raving about the accuscans and they do look good, just didn't know about the reliability.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:58:25 AM »

I'm sure the accuscans would be fine, but the reason anybody would buy an ADJ or Chauvet light over a High End fixture is due to price. In your case the price is similar so why not go with the real deal and not the knockoff.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

duane massey

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 11:17:19 PM »

Technobeams are superior in every way, and you can still get parts and service from Lightparts in Austin. They are relatively easy to work on and have better optics than any other 250w discharge fixture.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 11:17:19 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 24 queries.