ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LS9 Input 1 routing directly to omni 1?  (Read 3029 times)

Ryan Peacher

• Charlottesville, VA
    • Ryan Peacher
LS9 Input 1 routing directly to omni 1?
« on: August 12, 2011, 05:24:03 PM »

Hello all...

On break from a gig doing monitors on an LS9-32...

When we started dialing everything in on the monitors, Input 1 (which was kick) was being routed to Mix 1 (which is Omni Out 1), even with the channel muted, and not assigned to any mix at all...

All other functions for the Omni Out 1 were working properly, including routing other inputs to that Mix... But for some reason, the first channel (kick) was always in that mix...

No matter what Omni Out I routed Mix 1 to, Input 1 was always there...

Ended up having to use another Mix on a different Omni Out to get by...

Tried re-starting console with no luck... Will try re-loading firmware after gig...

Thanks In Advance for the insight!
---------------
Ryan Peacher | Freelance Engineer/Technician
T- 434.989.9843 | E- [email protected] | W- www.ryanpeacher.me

Fausto Prochet

Re: LS9 Input 1 routing directly to omni 1?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 07:03:36 PM »

Hello all...

When we started dialing everything in on the monitors, Input 1 (which was kick) was being routed to Mix 1 (which is Omni Out 1), even with the channel muted, and not assigned to any mix at all...

All other functions for the Omni Out 1 were working properly, including routing other inputs to that Mix... But for some reason, the first channel (kick) was always in that mix...

Tried re-starting console with no luck... Will try re-loading firmware after gig...

Any chance there's something from the virtual rack inserted on the kick with the return path dumping the undesired signal onto mix 1? I believe the insert works regardless of the mute status (as oposed to the ch direct outs), but I could be wrong... just a possible lead.

Also pay attention to user level (if you are runnig as guest) and recall safe functions... I got bitten by a recall safe channel last week!

Matt Tudor

• NW Iowa.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 09:17:51 PM »

Check if channel 1 is recall-safe from a previous show? I've had that happen before with channel names and settings, I would assume patch would be affected also.

Hello all...

David Hadfield

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »

Check if channel 1 is recall-safe from a previous show? I've had that happen before with channel names and settings, I would assume patch would be affected also.

I agree, the output section can be a PITA when concerned with inserts etc. Somehow you easily get outputs patched all over the shop as they aren't "stolen" as such like an input patch is.

best way to find out it to go to the output section (not sure how it is done on an LS9) and deselct what was patched out at omni one and re patch it.

I have had similar issues but it was a while back and its late over here so the gray matter aint workin'!

cheers Dave

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.