ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL PRX 612m  (Read 23396 times)

cliff truesdell

Re: JBL PRX 612m
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 01:37:51 PM »

Im still following too Luke. Im pretty sure that I will be picking up a set of 712's to use as mains over subs and monitors. I did pick up a set of PRX612's a month back. I used them at a women's conference, mostly a speaking gig with some acoustic guitars and drums. They did fine but I would prefer to have something with a little more capabilities but still in a small package.

cliff truesdell

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 09:03:31 PM »

Hey Luke, did you ever get the chance to compare the 2 speakers?

WouterBeneke101

• Supersonic Speaker Hire
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 04:44:51 AM »

I also bought a pair of these over the weekend. So far I have been very impressed with the performance and ease of set up. The lightweight casing also helps a lot .... especially considering the gig was at a place with 5 flights of stairs! LOL
PA hire in the northern beaches and Sydney area
www.northernbeaches-speakerhire.com

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 12:36:22 PM »

I also bought a pair of these over the weekend.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Mike H Williams

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 01:00:10 PM »

I also bought a pair of these over the weekend. So far I have been very impressed with the performance and ease of set up. The lightweight casing also helps a lot .... especially considering the gig was at a place with 5 flights of stairs! LOL

I own three of these..Love them!

Jeff Dine

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »

I hear a lot of people complain about the angle of these when used as floor wedges.  But from doing the math using published dispersion angles, plus factoring the admittedly low angle when sitting on it's side, a 6' 0" person can stand well within 20" and still be in the sweet spot.  My personal experience agrees with the math.  Listen with your ears, not your eyes. 

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 11:04:38 AM »

I hear a lot of people complain about the angle of these when used as floor wedges.  But from doing the math using published dispersion angles, plus factoring the admittedly low angle when sitting on it's side, a 6' 0" person can stand well within 20" and still be in the sweet spot.  My personal experience agrees with the math.  Listen with your ears, not your eyes.

Gee, Jeff, your first post leaves you with nowhere to go but up.  I would suggest the experience of a multitude of users of this box trumps your "math" regarding the usability of the 612 as a wedge.  I own a half dozen of these and can assure you the floor angle is unusable for all practical monitor purposes.  Perhaps you should actually use your eyes in this case.

Cheers,

-Tim T

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 10:43:27 AM »

Gee, Jeff, your first post leaves you with nowhere to go but up.  I would suggest the experience of a multitude of users of this box trumps your "math" regarding the usability of the 612 as a wedge.  I own a half dozen of these and can assure you the floor angle is unusable for all practical monitor purposes.  Perhaps you should actually use your eyes in this case.
Firstly, let's agree that there is no perfect monitor angle - every situation is different. Secondly, "audio logs" are cheap and easy to manufacture - use them. The PRX612M makes a fine monitor. Use your resources to point them where they need to be.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 11:21:38 AM »

Firstly, let's agree that there is no perfect monitor angle - every situation is different. Secondly, "audio logs" are cheap and easy to manufacture - use them. The PRX612M makes a fine monitor. Use your resources to point them where they need to be.

Scott -

That there is "no perfect monitor angle", I fully agree.  I have 6 of the 612s for which I had a local machinist manufacture aluminum "cradles" in order to get a workable angle.  Putting "audio wood" under the edge isn't very usable due to a tipping problem, unless the user is extremely short.  My comment was with regard to the angle the unenhanced speaker provides.  It's a pity because these make nice powered wedges.

Cheers,

-Tim T

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 11:47:40 PM »

Scott -

That there is "no perfect monitor angle", I fully agree.  I have 6 of the 612s for which I had a local machinist manufacture aluminum "cradles" in order to get a workable angle.  Putting "audio wood" under the edge isn't very usable due to a tipping problem, unless the user is extremely short.  My comment was with regard to the angle the unenhanced speaker provides.  It's a pity because these make nice powered wedges.

Cheers,

-Tim T

I have 10 of these that from time to time we use for wedges.  Totally agreed that you have to prop them up.  I was trying to think of a non-instrusive way of propping them up without having to carry extra pieces, be it wood, aluminum, etc.  I'm thinking of just putting a couple of T nuts on the outside and screwing washing machine feet into them.

--JR
ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 11:47:40 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 25 queries.