ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Network & Control Issues?  (Read 6766 times)

Bradford "BJ" James

Re: Wireless Network & Control Issues?
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »

Are there any decent 5g routers available at Best Buy or similar. I run into the same problems with my ipad and Linksys router. Fine at soundcheck, problems after doors.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 12:19:34 AM »

The D'Link Dir-815 (about $70) is serving me well, it is the top reccommended router for the iLive (per Allen & Heath).  I needed the 5 gig for the mentioned reasons and also to allow usage in the presence of Line6 digital wireless mics, which will cause real problems in the 2.4 band.

The link for the routers that A & H tested...

http://www.allen-heath.com/UK/CategoryDocuments/iLive_Router_Compatibility_Version_1.pdf

-Tim T

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 02:03:02 AM »

Are there any decent 5g routers available at Best Buy or similar. I run into the same problems with my ipad and Linksys router. Fine at soundcheck, problems after doors.

You can get the Ubiquity Bullet 5 at L-Com for about $65. You will also need an antenna with an N connector, and a POE adapter to power it.

Mac

Dan Meier

• SR Forums
  • Montreal - Canada
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 02:14:20 PM »

As a standard 5GHz access point.
Very. It's a carrier class AP, PtP and PtMP weatherproof (with proper sealing of the antenna connection) device.

All depends on the deployment height, obstructions, type of antenna and RF quality of the client radio/antenna. As it's 100mW TX and -75dBm RX @ 54Mbps, with a good antenna range will be very good.
First, it operates in the 5GHz spectrum in which most (all?) mobiles phones can't, and there's more spectrum in general. Secondly as a carrier class product, it can be set to dynamic channel allocation based on the best channel available, it has better traffic management and can be set to slower data rates and narrower channel bandwidths.
Very interesting...
Thanks for the infos...

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 03:34:43 AM »

The D'Link Dir-815 (about $70) is serving me well, it is the top reccommended router for the iLive (per Allen & Heath).  I needed the 5 gig for the mentioned reasons and also to allow usage in the presence of Line6 digital wireless mics, which will cause real problems in the 2.4 band.

The link for the routers that A & H tested...

http://www.allen-heath.com/UK/CategoryDocuments/iLive_Router_Compatibility_Version_1.pdf

-Tim T
Thanks for the tip Tim and Mac.
I purchased the DR815 this week and used it on 2 different shows on the LS9. Worked flawlessly.
BJ
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 03:34:43 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.