ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1640i users, interface question...  (Read 1316 times)

Scott Middleton

• Kansas City
1640i users, interface question...
« on: August 10, 2011, 12:46:42 pm »

I know some of you guys use the Mackie 1640i, have any of you guys that own one tried to use an additional interface to up the track count when recording a show?  For instance, another firewire 8 channel device to get 24 chans?  My guess is that it won't work, but thought i'd ask...

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: 1640i users, interface question...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 01:02:38 am »

Of course it will work, but as an additional unit to the 1640, not as a part of it. The dependencies will be based on your recording software and system used for recording. I have a 1640 I used on stage, now replaced with an APB Pro House Rack. The 1640 no longer serves double duty and is rack mounted in the studio portion of the "Cave". The 1640 is nothing more than an interface to Cubase 5, supported by AISO drivers and a firewire card. If your software will support it, as does Cubase 5, then additional interfaces can be added as required to support as many channels as you want, again, as additional interfaces, but not as additional channels for the board.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Scott Middleton

• Kansas City
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 10:10:40 am »

Thanks for the reply.  I should have worded my question better, I realize it would not act as additional channels for the Mackie.  I was basically wondering if the 1640 plays nice w/ other interfaces. Good to know that Cubase supports multiple ASIO devices.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 10:10:40 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.