ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vermette Lifts  (Read 4880 times)

Hal Harrison

• Harrison Production Services, LLC
    • Harrison Production Services, LLC
Vermette Lifts
« on: August 08, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »

Hello all,

I was curious to hear about anyone's experience with Vermette lifts with the 6516 lift in particular for lifting loudspeakers and/or truss indoors? This company is the same company which manufactures the Versarray lift for Peavey. I am ver interested in purchasing a pair of these lifts as they are much more reasonable and lighter to work with/move around than Sumners or Genies.

I look forward to your responses,

Hal

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
Re: Vermette Lifts
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 12:14:45 AM »

Hello all,

I was curious to hear about anyone's experience with Vermette lifts with the 6516 lift in particular for lifting loudspeakers and/or truss indoors? This company is the same company which manufactures the Versarray lift for Peavey. I am ver interested in purchasing a pair of these lifts as they are much more reasonable and lighter to work with/move around than Sumners or Genies.

I look forward to your responses,

Hal

It has been a long, long time since I used a Vermette lift but i do remember that assembling the mast every day without fouling the cable got very old very quickly.
More recent users might have a better or clearer perspective...lol.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 06:36:58 AM »

Too many parts. (Guy wires)!! Impossible truck pack dimensions. Only plus side: the slender mast looks better in pictures vs. Genie.

Kent Elliott

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 05:59:02 PM »

We used Vermettes in my early days.  They are a bit of a pain to deal with, but there are positive tradeoffs.  The truck pack dimensions are not that problematic if you unstack the masts.  They're not difficult to assemble, as long as you pay attention & lead the process yourself.  (Don't trust it to stage hands.) 
  They do have an advantage for flying speakers over the genies.  When flying speakers, most of the load is at the front of the fork (away from the mast).  With telescoping masts (ala: Genie), as you go higher this will cause the telescoping sections to bind.  Since the Vermette forks are a traveler on an effectively solid mast, they won't bind when lifting.  I believe this is why Peavey selected the Vermette. 
  With the Vermette, the mast is a fixed height  (i.e., an 18' mast is always 18' tall, even if you only lift the roof to 12')-- the only way you can change it is by changing/removing mast extensions.  This can cause a problem if you get on a jobsite with masts that are too tall to fit.
  We have a dozen Genies in the shop-- I'd love to have a pair of Vermettes.  I'd rather not have a dozen Vermettes.

Kent Elliott
Kent Elliott

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 05:59:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.