ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cummins Generators  (Read 2803 times)

Collin Donohue

Cummins Generators
« on: August 08, 2011, 12:33:01 pm »

Up until now, if we needed a high-capacity generator (60kW - 100kW) we would rent from a spectacular fella who always had what we needed, had it there on time, made sure it worked, helped with any issues, and picked it up on time.  Service was spectacular.  He worked for a company that stocked all CAT genarators.

His company went through some house-cleaning and his replacement hasn't done anything to give me any confidence.  I then found out he is working for a Cummins rental house.

I've never used a Cummins generator; only CAT and Kohler.

Has anyone had any good or bad experience with them?  The service our account manager provided when working for the other company was out of this world, and I trust him to provide the same service at his new company.  It's the product that I've never used before.

Thanks!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Cummins Generators
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 12:39:42 pm »

Up until now, if we needed a high-capacity generator (60kW - 100kW) we would rent from a spectacular fella who always had what we needed, had it there on time, made sure it worked, helped with any issues, and picked it up on time.  Service was spectacular.  He worked for a company that stocked all CAT genarators.

His company went through some house-cleaning and his replacement hasn't done anything to give me any confidence.  I then found out he is working for a Cummins rental house.

Has anyone had any good or bad experience with them?  The service our account manager provided when working for the other company was out of this world, and I trust him to provide the same service at his new company.  It's the product that I've never used before.

Thanks!

Cummins makes engines and power train equipment.  Chances are the actual generator is a Kohler or Spectrum.

Why not give your old guy a call and arrange for a visit and demo?
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Evan Hunter

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 01:11:48 pm »

Thanks!

Im in Kandahar Afghanistan where we have a few of the larger Cummins generators powering everything from living quarters to medical facilities and more. These generators run 24 hours a day 7 days a week in 112-125 degree temperatures and dust like most of us have never seen in our lives. Id say they do a pretty good job, we haven't had an outage yet. They dont even get shut down to refuel.
Evan F. Hunter
Cleveland Ohio, Houston Texas
EFHunter4419 (at) G Mail. Com
https://www.facebook.com/FosterSound
EV QRX, JBL SRX, Turbosound Milan, Soundcraft Expression, Soundcraft Vi1

Scott Raymond

• Nebraska
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 02:44:56 pm »

Good stuff.  Used in Dodge PU's and a good portion of over the road trucks have "Come-a-longs."  I've owned a 86 GMC truck with an L10 for over ten years.  It has over 325,000 miles on it and in the time I've owned it, I've only replaced a few hoses and had a fuel leak in the throttle shaft on the injection pump.

Collin Donohue

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 03:43:43 pm »

Cummins makes engines and power train equipment.  Chances are the actual generator is a Kohler or Spectrum.

Why not give your old guy a call and arrange for a visit and demo?

He stopped by at the end of the day on Friday.  I do plan on doing a visit, but wanted to do a quick bit of research in the meantime.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 05:31:16 pm »

Cummins diesels are among the best engines out there - maybe second only to Cat.  As Tim pointed out, the generator section is another manufacturer. You will not ever need to worry about the engine stopping.  Glad you're going to check it out.  Let us know what you discover.

frank

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 05:31:16 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 22 queries.