ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: using Whirlwind IMP Combiner  (Read 18018 times)

Jason Gonzalez

Re: using Whirlwind IMP Combiner
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »

Don't sell your 16ch to get a 32ch, just add another 16ch. That way you can have one go to stage left, and one to stage right to make your onstage mic runs neater.

Mac

That's an excellent point, Mac.  I keep thinking streamlining the entire system, and that part is misleading.  In this case, a separate snake would make things cleaner.

Sam Zuckerman

• Baltimore, MD
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »

That's an excellent point, Mac.  I keep thinking streamlining the entire system, and that part is misleading.  In this case, a separate snake would make things cleaner.
Yup! I've always wanted to run two snakes but never really had the opportunity/space.

Mark Chrysostom

• Charleston, SC
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 10:01:36 PM »

Fixed it for you.

Your dealer is screwing you hard if you think that's what a LS9-16 costs.

I have no issues with the StudioLive until they run out of channels.
In fact, I'm considering one for a backup / B-rig to my LS9-16

An LS9-16, MY16-AT card, 16 channels of good-quality ADAT preamp, and road cases for all of the above... How much would you expect to spend?

Jason Gonzalez

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 12:42:08 AM »

Or cut back on what you're mic'ing. If you can give us your input list and size of venue, you may find that not everything needs to be mic'd. Your mixer doesn't have the ability to take other inputs digitally unless you get another Studiolive

For anyone that's curious for an update...
I tried using one Beta 98 per marimba, and I mounted it underneath the bars right in the center of the instrument's range.  I picks up the entire range, but it obviously gets a bit louder when you play within closer proximity to the mic.  I didn't try it outdoors, yet, but it did somewhat decent indoors.
If this works, then I won't need to buy another board.  Any suggestions for using a condenser mic that needs to cover the range of an instrument that is about 6 feet long?

Jason Gonzalez

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2011, 06:27:59 PM »

First off, let me say thanks to all who offered some direction and suggestions to my post.  It's great to stumble on this site where someone can get some seriously educated help (I know everyone keeps everyone in check...ha ha)

Also, just wanted to share with you all that I needed to contact Whirlwind about some questions regarding the combiners (before I learned that they wouldn't work for my particular application).  THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING!!!!  I don't know how many of you have dealt with their customer service, but they went out of their way to assist me.

Thanks again, everyone.

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2011, 11:39:31 PM »

...I needed to contact Whirlwind about some questions regarding the combiners (before I learned that they wouldn't work for my particular application).  THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING!!!! ...

+1

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2011, 11:39:31 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.