ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are the price of ITechs going up?  (Read 3657 times)

Brian Larson

Why are the price of ITechs going up?
« on: August 04, 2011, 12:52:22 PM »

I bought an original IT8K on ebay this time last year for $1700. (Factory refurb from Proaudiomart) Now the same amps are selling for $2300. What's going on here? Shouldn't they be coming down in price the longer they're discontinued?

I was basing my growth for the next few years on the idea that they would become cheaper and cheaper. Now I'm considering selling the ones I already own and going with something more consistent.

Michael Storey

• San Jose, CA
Re: Why are the price of ITechs going up?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:15:36 PM »

I bought an original IT8K on ebay this time last year for $1700. (Factory refurb from Proaudiomart) Now the same amps are selling for $2300. What's going on here? Shouldn't they be coming down in price the longer they're discontinued?

I was basing my growth for the next few years on the idea that they would become cheaper and cheaper. Now I'm considering selling the ones I already own and going with something more consistent.

Supply and demand IMO. A harmon rep happened to be at my local dealer last week and he informed me that several very large touring companies had sent their original IT's back to crown in a deal for the IT HD's last year, hence all the great pricing on refurbs we saw. This surplus has dried up, driving the prices up.

Jason Tubbs

• Rochester, NY, USA
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 06:20:20 PM »

Just bought a spare iT8000 from Interstate for $3,000US delivered.  It's in near-perfect condition (the protective film was removed, that's about it) and performs flawlessly.  Still cheaper than renting a replacement for the six months it will take to get the original repaired, but I think, as you seem to, that the next move will be away from Crown altogether. 

jt

Tracy Garner

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 09:24:50 PM »

Just bought a spare iT8000 from Interstate for $3,000US delivered.  It's in near-perfect condition (the protective film was removed, that's about it) and performs flawlessly.  Still cheaper than renting a replacement for the six months it will take to get the original repaired, but I think, as you seem to, that the next move will be away from Crown altogether. 

jt

I haven't used the processing in the 4 IT8000s I own. This could be the time to actually sell something for more than I purchased it (novel idea)...

What would I replace these with if I had the opportunity?

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 02:43:24 AM »

I don't suppose it has anything to do with Crown finally figured out how to prevent them blowing up :-)
(Once upon a time there were rarely less than 3 or 4 in my workshop - now I can go for weeks without seeing one)
M

Randall Hyde

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 02:52:52 PM »

Hey, when you decide to go with something else let me know! I need some more IT8Ks !

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 02:52:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.