Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

What tablet for Tablet mixing/system control?

<< < (6/8) > >>

Tim Weaver:
If that's the case it should work with the 01v96, no?

Definitely interested in your findings!

Robert "VOiD" Caprio:
I expect it would!

Tom Reid:

--- Quote from: Robert "VOiD" Caprio on January 27, 2011, 11:15:57 AM ---The 5D has a USB interface and I've heard from reliable sources that you can use a Belkin wireless USB hub to interface with it. I have yet to try it but once I get the hub I'll report back with my findings.

Product link:

http://www.belkin.com/networkusbhub/

--- End quote ---
I've been using this product for 3 years.
Performance is rock solid.
There is a piece of software required on the machine(s) using the hub.
The software divides up individual USB ports to a virtual ID, and talks to them via Ethernet.
It also allows sharing of the devices USB port, and a priority for the share.
In my application the device controls 4 XTI amps.
So in my case the software assigns 4 VID to each XTI, and communicates over one IP address.
SA doesn't mind the app, and performance is equal to using an Itech on Native IP.

Dan Richardson:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on January 26, 2011, 05:55:06 PM ---I use a $1 VNC app called "Remoter". It seems to work OK. Screen response from when I make a move on the iPad to seeing the move on my MacBook Pro is near enough to instantaneous to suit me. The difficulty is that Studio Manager does not support screen zooming, so with a VNC connection it is pretty small on the iPad screen.
--- End quote ---

Remoter is my current favorite iPad VNC client.  I own several more expensive ones,
but Remoter connects faster, holds the connection while I do something else on the iPad,
and they have really figured out how to make fingers do the job.

I'm puzzled by your zoom comment, though.
Remoter zooms. Studio Manager doesn't have to.
I can get in there far enough so that the screen is 3 channels wide,
making those tiny little orange sliders big enough to use.

I'm going to a PC, though. Wonder if that's it?

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Dan Richardson on January 27, 2011, 07:03:01 PM ---I'm puzzled by your zoom comment, though.
Remoter zooms. Studio Manager doesn't have to.
I can get in there far enough so that the screen is 3 channels wide,
making those tiny little orange sliders big enough to use.

I'm going to a PC, though. Wonder if that's it?

--- End quote ---

Is there anything you had to set up? I can get it to go to full screen, or not, but I could not make the 2 finger spread zoom work like it does on other iPad apps. A real zoom would make a big difference.

Mac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version