Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

What tablet for Tablet mixing/system control?

(1/8) > >>

Tim Weaver:
I need a new tablet. This will be my dedicated audio pc so it will need to run things like System Architect, Studio Manager, Smaart, and anything else audio related as well. I will be remote mixing with it so ergonomics and battery life play an important role in the decision as well.

What would you buy for yourself?

Thanks,
-=Tim=-

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on January 23, 2011, 05:42:23 PM ---I need a new tablet. This will be my dedicated audio pc so it will need to run things like System Architect, Studio Manager, Smaart, and anything else audio related as well. I will be remote mixing with it so ergonomics and battery life play an important role in the decision as well.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't buy a tablet to run all those applications. I'd buy a laptop or rack mount computer for that and use a small, light tablet to VNC into the wired computer running the apps. In my case that would be an iPad, but there are other alternatives in the pipeline if you don't want an iPad.

Mac

Gregor Buser:
I have an acer 1820 PTZ, witch is a convertible. Best gadget I ever bought, except for the reflecting screen, but with a non reflecting screen foil it is ok.
Lots of power for this size, up to 7h of battery life, great screen resolution and only 1.7kg.
I don't know if you still can get it, since they replaced it with 1825 witch has a capacitive screen and therefore isn't controllable by a pen. Capacitive reacts better but try adjusting studio manager with you fingers...!

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Gregor Buser on January 23, 2011, 06:32:43 PM ---I don't know if you still can get it, since they replaced it with 1825 witch has a capacitive screen and therefore isn't controllable by a pen. Capacitive reacts better but try adjusting studio manager with you fingers...!

--- End quote ---

You can get both a capacitive stylus, and a pair of gloves with small capacitive buttons on each finger for finer control of multitouch devices than fat fingers.

Mac

Justice C. Bigler:
We have a Motion LE1700 tablet for remote control of our PM5Ds and our XTA network and Galileo access.

I agree with Mac, get a real computer for all the heavy stuff like Smaart and use the table for remote control when you need to walk the room or stage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version