ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Mic Freqs for Germany and Denmark  (Read 10677 times)

TomBoisseau

Wireless Mic Freqs for Germany and Denmark
« on: January 23, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »

I need to construct a very small "rack" for a client of mine which will consist of a telephone hybrid and a wireless mic.  This system will be used here in the United States and also in  Germany and Denmark.

Can anyone tell me, or tell me how to find, what "group" of frequencies are legal in these countries?  I will most likely specify  the Sennheiser G3 100 series wireless.

Also, any problems using an "American" telephone hybrid in these countries?

Thanks so much,
Tom

Frederik Rosenkjær

Re: Wireless Mic Freqs for Germany and Denmark
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 05:11:56 PM »

I can only speak for Denmark.

Here it's been 800-820 MHz for many years, but like many other places we're being moved around now to allow for 4G cell-network and digital broadcast signals.

So the current situation for Denmark is that 823-832 MHz has been opened and will stay open for unlicensed use. Same goes for 863-865 MHz.

800-820 MHz is still open and will remain so until December 31st 2012. Then (from the start of 2013 that is) 800-820 MHz will be closed for our use.

From this time on (start 2013) we will also be using the white spaces in the range 470-790 MHz (I think - something like that). I don't know if this area is already open - might be. There will be maps online showing the white spaces available wherever you may be or you can scan the spectrum for them.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 05:35:05 PM »

I need to construct a very small "rack" for a client of mine which will consist of a telephone hybrid and a wireless mic.  This system will be used here in the United States and also in  Germany and Denmark.

Will there be both outbound program audio, and inbound remote audio on the telephone, or will the phone line be listen only for the remote users? If it is going to be listen only you may be better off with something like the JK Audio THAT-2 which interfaces to the telephone handset, so it doesn't matter whether the phone line is POTS, PBX, or ISDN.

It may also be easier and safer to rent the wireless mic in each country. The same rules will not necessarily apply in all countries. In most of Europe RF frequencies have to be paid for to the licensing authority, and they will assign what frequency you can use. With a lot of preplanning you can probably find frequency sets that will work in a lot of places, but renting locally means the local vendor will take care of the licensing for you.

Depending on what you need from the phone line, bringing a hybrid or a handset adapter may work out, but it will be better to rent RF locally.

Mac

Christian Tepfer

• Klanggestaltung Blog (German)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:28:19 AM »

In Germany you can use 790 - 814 and 838 - 862 MHz without a license until 2015.
Be advised that mobile interent carrieres (LTE) are beginning to operate on 790 - 820 and 832 - 862 MHz, first in rural areas, later in the cities also. So there may be intereferences. The carriers try to co-operate, so basically only one carrier has to build a network in one area and the other 2 carriers use that network. For us it means that only 10MHz of bandwidth are being used.

Under 790:

You can get a license for 710 - 790 MHz, per tour or gig, possibly for the whole country. Not sure about how far they are with country-wide licensing.

Under 710:

It is possible to get gig licenses between 470 and 710 MHz.

The Agency:
http://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/cln_1931/EN/Service/Contact/contact_node.html

If you have questions about licensing, just ask.
Christian Tepfer
christian at amanya dot de

TomBoisseau

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 08:42:52 PM »

Thanks for the help guys.  It looks like I'll need to purchase 2 wireless systems - 1 to use in the US and another for Germany/Denmark.

Thanks again,
Tom

Christian Tepfer

• Klanggestaltung Blog (German)
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 04:26:59 AM »

Thanks for the help guys.  It looks like I'll need to purchase 2 wireless systems - 1 to use in the US and another for Germany/Denmark.

Thanks again,
Tom
Sennheiser eW would be groups D and E without a license, C with a license. US is A, B, (C)?

...or 2.4GHz. Like the Line6 digital wireless. You would only need one system. I'm not sure about the WLAN noise on your gigs though.
Christian Tepfer
christian at amanya dot de

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 08:20:46 AM »

It looks like I'll need to purchase 2 wireless systems
I recently called Sennheiser Canada about using a system in both N. America and France.
The claim was that, other than some former Eastern Block countries, the A,B and G ranges can be used in both locations.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 08:20:46 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.