ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: System upgrade EV - ELX215  (Read 10940 times)

Jack Pim

System upgrade EV - ELX215
« on: August 02, 2011, 03:32:02 PM »

Hello,
     I currently have 2 QSC HRP121i's, JTR Growler powered by QSC PLX3602 and Behringer 2496.  I got the system just for house parties and such.  It's a good small portable sytem.  However this year I got hooked up with some other local DJ's and have found an outdor location. Genre's are House, electro and Dubstep.   So I've been looking at upgrading at a reasonable cost trying find the best bang for the buck. 
    I was looking at ELX215's but since they're new there is not much info on them.  I have heard the SPL claims from the Live-x line are inflated.  Wanting some feedback on the best options at this price point $599 MSRP but have found a pair for $369.   I'm thinking 4 ELX215's and 2-4 Yorkville 1208 subs. 
        The outdoor venue is large polo ground so electicity is aviaible but limited.  So effcient speakers are helpful to keep amp requirmeents down both from power and cost perspective.   We had an impromptu event last week no promptions other than facebook and had 40-50 people show up.
We used other DJ's JBL SF215 (I know they suck) with QSC 1450, HPR's. It actually sounded okay but lots of potential for improvement. 

any advise is apprciated,
Jack

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: System upgrade EV - ELX215
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 02:06:12 AM »

At the price point you are shopping that may well be the best option to get the SPL and coverage you are looking for. $369 is well below normal dealer net for the ELX215, I hope you jumped on that pair.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

chuck clark

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 05:39:11 PM »

House, electro & dubstep? You need big low end for an outdoor gig. You'll want 4-8 of the 215's. Believe it. OR, you could get a bunch more JT growlers. Big outdoor gig + small budget = not enough rig blues. Good luck.
Chuck

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 07:37:24 AM »

The outdoor venue is large polo ground so electicity is aviaible but limited.  So effcient speakers are helpful to keep amp requirmeents down both from power and cost perspective.
A polo field is about 900' long and 475' wide, around the size of 9 football fields.  No way you're covering that large an area with the system noted, so how large area are you working with?

JackPim

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 02:04:10 PM »

A polo field is about 900' long and 475' wide, around the size of 9 football fields.  No way you're covering that large an area with the system noted, so how large area are you working with?

Yes, it's to bad I did not jump on the ELX215's.  I just wasn't sure and as they say the wrong gear and a good price is still the wrong gear.   First event went better than expect about 100 people.  Certianly not trying to cover an entire polo field we had about a 50ft square area. 
      I put the growler up for sale going with UCS1's.   The info I wanted was feedback on the ELX215's since there are any reviews yet.   I'd prefer QRX212's but too expensive right now.  What's the best way to go for EDM, single 12's double 12's single 15 or double 15's?

Jack

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 02:04:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.