ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for sub-mixer suggestions  (Read 2604 times)

Nils Erickson

• San Francisco
Looking for sub-mixer suggestions
« on: August 02, 2011, 04:16:43 am »

I am looking for a sub-mixer with the following attributes:
6-8 channels
1-2 rack spaces
mic and line inputs
a stereo aux in would be nice as well
preferably has a splitter and stereo outputs (or possibly mono), or possibly direct outs

I will be primarily using this to sub-mix drum channels into a monitor mixer for an IEM rig for my band.  I have a Crest X20RM mixer, but need to squeeze some more channels into it.  I am hoping to find something used, but open to a new one if it is reasonably priced.  The mixer may do double duty on sound gigs where I need something small and simple for people to operate.

I just bought an Allen and Heath GR1 on eBay, which I thought might do the trick.  Unfortunately, the right side was not functioning and I had to send it back  >:(.

Bring on the suggestions!

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Looking for sub-mixer suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:42:07 am »

6-8 channels
1-2 rack spaces
mic and line inputs
preferably has a splitter and stereo outputs (or possibly mono), or possibly direct outs

I will be primarily using this to sub-mix drum channels into a monitor mixer for an IEM rig for my band.  I have a Crest X20RM mixer, but need to squeeze some more channels into it.  I am hoping to find something used, but open to a new one if it is reasonably priced.  The mixer may do double duty on sound gigs where I need something small and simple for people to operate.

I just bought an Allen and Heath GR1 on eBay, which I thought might do the trick.  Unfortunately, the right side was not functioning and I had to send it back  >:(.

There are about 25 different models that meet some or all of your criteria from Ashly, Rolls, Alesis, Crown, TOA, Rane, Australian Monitor, and others.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:49:34 am »

6-8 channels
1-2 rack spaces
mic and line inputs

There are about 25 different models that meet some or all of your criteria from Ashly, Rolls, Alesis, Crown, TOA, Rane, Australian Monitor, and others.

For example:

http://www.ashly.com/product/mx-508-2.htm

A little bigger than you specified in rack spaces, but very full-featured for such a compact unit.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:49:34 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.