ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Maybe another LS 9 OR ??????????  (Read 9114 times)

Martin Bilecki

• WWW.PerformanceSound.com
Maybe another LS 9 OR ??????????
« on: July 29, 2011, 05:29:36 PM »

Soon I will be looking to purchase another LS9/32 ...    Should I do it or is there something
cooler coming down the pipe from the other vendors ????    I was hoping Digi would be
doing something smaller but     ...    You know    :o :-\    8)      ...   

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Maybe another LS 9 OR ??????????
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 11:47:38 PM »

Have you looked at the Soundcraft Si Compact 24? With a soon to be released software update, you will be able to add the digital snake box and have up to 48 or 64 channels (I can't remember what the rep said). The console itself runs about $6,200, and the stage box which will let you add another 24 or 32 channels runs about $4,200.

If you want cream of the crop, the Digico SD11 runs about $16,000.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Mark Sexton

• Sacramento, CA
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 12:11:44 AM »

Soon I will be looking to purchase another LS9/32 ...    Should I do it or is there something
cooler coming down the pipe from the other vendors ????    I was hoping Digi would be
doing something smaller but     ...    You know    :o :-\    8)      ...   
I don't know about anything under $20k that is in the works, but with what's out there I'd look at consoles in this order (assuming that I'm running the console most of the time)

1 - Digico SD11
2 - Allen and Heath R-72
3 - Soundcraft SiCompact
4 - Yamaha LS-9 (Though I'd probably try to figure out the money for an M7CL)
Mark Sexton

System Designer/Operations Manager
Alive Media

Ade Stuart

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 01:35:37 AM »

Have you looked at the Soundcraft Si Compact 24? With a soon to be released software update, you will be able to add the digital snake box and have up to 48 or 64 channels (I can't remember what the rep said). The console itself runs about $6,200, and the stage box which will let you add another 24 or 32 channels runs about $4,200.

If you want cream of the crop, the Digico SD11 runs about $16,000.

"A four-band EQ section is provided on every channel and on every bus output, with two swept mid bands, and shelving HF and LF sections." - That in it's self would be a deal breaker for me.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 03:21:11 AM »

Can you justify $23K? SD9.  Hellaciously full featured (and has a usable number of faders).   

Scott Helmke

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 02:10:33 PM »

Roland has an updated V-400 mixer - now has the full 4-band parametric on each channel and some other nifty features.  Nice board and it would get you into the digital snake world for a pretty reasonable price.

Roland Clarke

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »

As much as I hate to mention the name in these "hallowed" forums, but, the new Behringer (when if is finally released), could be a serious game changer at the budget end of the market, 32 inputs and features borrowed from the Klark Technik developments used on the Midas.  It's mooted to be selling at a silly price and for the features might change the low end of the digital desk market on it's head.  Time will tell.

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »

As much as I hate to mention the name in these "hallowed" forums, but, the new Behringer (when if is finally released), could be a serious game changer at the budget end of the market, 32 inputs and features borrowed from the Klark Technik developments used on the Midas.  It's mooted to be selling at a silly price and for the features might change the low end of the digital desk market on it's head.  Time will tell.

From the company that can't build a reliable DI?
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 01:57:47 PM »

The Behringer might be OK for the first part of the gig but what are you going to finish with when it goes flaky?

Friends don't let friends buy Behringer.
Not to Code

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 02:06:02 PM »

+1

We're talking Behringer in the Classic LAB®?  WTF is going on here,?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 02:06:02 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.