ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Generator Rental Company  (Read 6980 times)

Dean Riley

Re: Need Generator Rental Company
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 02:24:52 PM »

I have contacted all the local rental companies. No one has one large enough. Biggest I can find localy is 52kw. That would be pushing it.

Google "movie quiet generators" for the area you are in

I did that first. Have called 17 places thus far listed by google. All of which either didn't even rent generators or were renting small hand carry units. A few of the companies listed were just sales. And some were playing the middle man and were getting quotes from Kohler and Sunbelt, which I have been dealing with directly. Thanks for the tip though. I will keep trying.

Hello,

Western Maryland is still a large area... can't narrow down your area a bit?
   As you can imagine...the area you need to have the gennie delivered may or may not make a specific vendor's price worthwhile.

Yeah, that has been the issue. The distance they have to travel adds so much to the quote. That's why I was hoping someone has had experience in this area with other companies. Normally I leave it up to the event promoters to get the power needed but this promoter is struggling and blown away with the quotes they are getting. So I'm just trying to find them a closer vender
This event is in Allegany County. Almost at the end of the Maryland panhandle. I have started calling places in Altoona, Hagerstown, and Winchester. Still coming up with new companies via Google, but literally every one has been a dead-end. I have two quotes from Kohler and Sunbelt. Both in the normal price range until you factor in the delivery amounts well over $1200 because of the distance.
If I don't find something else, the promoter will just have to go with one of the quotes they currently have. Simple as that.

Dean Riley

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 02:31:08 PM »

Google "movie quiet generators" for the area you are in

I did that first. Have called 17 places thus far listed by google. All of which either didn't even rent generators or were renting small hand carry units. A few of the companies listed were just sales. And some were playing the middle man and were getting quotes from Kohler and Sunbelt, which I have been dealing with directly. Thanks for the tip though. I will keep trying.

You can try Kelly Generators in Owings MD

[email protected]

410-257-5227

You could also try contacting Southard Audio in Va (540-234-0529) to find out where the generators they use for DelFest in Cumberland come from.

Thanks, I just sent out a request to Kelly. But I'm guessing the long distance delivery is going to hurt on that one too. I called Southard but no answer yet. My guess is they were using Sunbelt. They were supposed to put a service in at the fairgrounds but not sure if that ever happened. So they may not have even needed a generator. Don't know, didn't go. But Southard may still have some connections. Thanks again.

Dean Riley

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 02:53:48 PM »

Got a quote from them(Sunbelt). The event is in western Maryland. The distance is almost doubling the quote for delivery. So I was looking for someone closer.

I have used Aggreko a lot in my past life as a large event producer.
Here's their contact near Baltimore.  They don't list a closer location online but may have a smaller depot.

Baltimore, MD
124 N. Langley Road
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
Tel: +1.410.760.6200
Toll Free: 877.603.6021
Fax: +1.410.760.6488

Lee

Thanks, I just got off the phone with them. Now awaiting an email quote. But as I mentioned in another post, I'm guessing the delivery is going to hurt. All of these REAL companies are pretty much the same distance from the venue. But it never hurts to see what kind of price they offer and have more options. Thanks again.

Gary Phillips

• SR Forums
  • Annapolis MD USA
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 04:08:28 PM »

I have contacted all the local rental companies. No one has one large enough. Biggest I can find localy is 52kw. That would be pushing it.

So why not rent 2 smaller units from the local guy - one for audio and one for lights?

gp

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 04:16:11 PM »

So why not rent 2 smaller units from the local guy - one for audio and one for lights?

gp

That would make too much sense.......
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Dean Riley

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 05:33:52 PM »

gp

I'm running 48k of lighting. That alone is pushing my luck with a 52kw just for the lights. And they only have one of the 52kw. And they don't have a second generator available large enough for the sound. Only thing they have left are small hand carry units by honda. Like 5000's or something. I did find a company in Hagerstown that has a 56kw and a smaller 25kw. I'm awaiting the quote now. Looks promissing.

Tracy Garner

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 05:59:53 PM »

I need a generator for Sept 23rd. Anyone with contacts of companies they have worked with before would be a good start. This generator will be used for 48k of lighting and approx. 60amps of audio.

I'm always in the Hagerstown MD area. Ted's RentaCenter or United Rentals in Hagerstown.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 05:59:53 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.