ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: What bad power sources and/or "distros" have you seen?  (Read 12414 times)

Chris Davis

• SR Forums
  • USA
Re: What bad power sources and/or "distros" have you seen?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2011, 03:52:29 PM »

You should have seen the video; I'm so glad I saved it to my hard drive.

That was quite the video... :o

Chris Carpenter

• Baton Rouge
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 02:03:44 AM »

that video is copyrighted
I don't want to share the video, I want to watch it every time I'm feeling down. I seriously thought you were kidding until this morning when you removed the posts, now I feel kinda sad, must have been a bad night.

and if you post it i will have the url traced and sue you.
The word you are looking for is IP address. You trace IP addresses, not URLs. Also, that wouldn't get you very far either. Your best course of action would be to file a complaint with the host. Even then, legal action likely wouldn't ensue.

why dont you show your face or are you just a sissy typing big while hiding behind a keyboard ?
My face is available at any time at uberchris.com. Given, those are a few years old at this point, but it doesn't really matter.

"Chris Carpenter" decided they know more the me
Show me the post where I said anything about electricity? I only critiqued your internetsmanship.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 02:16:53 AM by Chris Carpenter »

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 03:27:39 AM »

that video is copyrighted
I don't want to share the video, I want to watch it every time I'm feeling down. I seriously thought you were kidding until this morning when you removed the posts, now I feel kinda sad, must have been a bad night.

and if you post it i will have the url traced and sue you.
The word you are looking for is IP address. You trace IP addresses, not URLs. Also, that wouldn't get you very far either. Your best course of action would be to file a complaint with the host. Even then, legal action likely wouldn't ensue.

why dont you show your face or are you just a sissy typing big while hiding behind a keyboard ?
My face is available at any time at uberchris.com. Given, those are a few years old at this point, but it doesn't really matter.

"Chris Carpenter" decided they know more the me
Show me the post where I said anything about electricity? I only critiqued your internetsmanship.
no it wasnt a bad night. i was a forman for 6 of the 10 years. i have had guys come on my crew that had their journeyman certification card that by law is required IF you are hired as a journeyman electrician. i fired a lot of those guys within the first day and remember firing one within the first hour. we started thinking that guys would go take a journeyman class that preps you for the test and virtually gives you the answers. iirc (its ben a while) you have to have a minimum of 8000 hours steadly working as a commercial/industrial electricain in order to take the test. we(other journeyman & company bosses) figure guys will lie on the application about experience , go take the class and somehow pass the easy multiple choice test and get the certification. california was going to require a printout from the social security administration to very the employers that we worked for but during my time that never happened. so what we had is guys that only had maybe 1 year experience as an apprentice electrician claiming they could do it all & that can be deadly. i had several guys hired by the boss and sent to my job that didnt know what a fishtape, mc cable, tie wire, emt, etc was and they had there journey card that the boss ran through the cali website that verified they were. my point is if you havent taken a course or studied books on electrical wiring your not qualified to give advise on the subject. it normally takes a couple of years to learn the about "some" of the basic stuff. theres much more to wiring than just thinking that "all" 12 gauge wire for example will handle the same amount of current>amps. thhn2 is what you will find in newer buildings but theres a lot of 40+ year old buildings with wire that isnt rated for the same amount of current(12 ga for example) because of the type of insulation. wire in a condiut is derated to handle less amps then the same wire in free air. i'm just trying to let you know why i get intense when it comes to electricity. i have had a few coworkers get killed because they did (that was the final report) a job they said they could do but apparently didnt really know how to do it. i dont claim to know everything about electricity and i never wired houses and i would have to got study the nec if i wanted to wire a house. all my work was commercial and some industrial. i hope you understand that i was trying to get peoples attention when it comes to doing your own wiring and having the knowledge when it comes to powering your pa with the house panel(s). in my opinion its would be better to buy a power distibution unit(s) that have ben tested and have the UL rating then to build your own. one plus about buying a setup is IF it were to cause a problem while being used as intended the liability would fall on the manufacturer should injury or damage to property occur. this is my last reply on this thread. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:00:46 AM by Jeff Harrell »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Enough
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 01:29:05 PM »

Bu bye.

ProSoundWeb Community

Enough
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 01:29:05 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.