ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Alesis 3630  (Read 7805 times)

luis Markson

• Just keep going....
Alesis 3630
« on: July 27, 2011, 02:51:49 AM »

I've always had bad experiences with Alesis... Not real rider friendly either...

Regardless...

Anyone had any experience with the 3630?

Alan Sledzieski

Re: Alesis 3630
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 05:33:29 AM »

I've always had bad experiences with Alesis... Not real rider friendly either...

Regardless...

I've used them when I first started 15 years ago, had 6 of them, gave 4  away so far.  On a budget they work, but I prefer dbx, and Drawmer even more so.

luis Markson

• Just keep going....
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:39:41 AM »

I've used them when I first started 15 years ago, had 6 of them, gave 4  away so far.  On a budget they work, but I prefer dbx, and Drawmer even more so.

Thought as much. Cheers.

Chris Carpenter

• Baton Rouge
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 06:45:19 AM »

Regardless...

Mine worked fine, seemed transparent enough so long as you didn't let it work too hard. My biggest problem was the wall wart as opposed to internal power supply. The dang things always come unplugged from my power conditioner.

Robert Weston

• Power is cheap, reputation is not.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 07:03:57 AM »

Mine worked fine, seemed transparent enough so long as you didn't let it work too hard. My biggest problem was the wall wart as opposed to internal power supply. The dang things always come unplugged from my power conditioner.

Agree.  The wall-wart is a pain in the ass to manage.  Other than that, I think the unit works decently.  I use 3 of them; one channel per sub group (vocals, drums, bass, etc...)  Though, I don't think they would be a contender for any type of recording use.

Robert Weston

• Power is cheap, reputation is not.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 07:08:06 AM »

Also - there's an "upgraded" 3630 getting ready to hit the streets (if not already).  It has limiters on each channel, and the wall-wart is gone.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »

Regardless...

This piece of gear often appears on "Worst 10" lists of pro audio gear.  It's a pretty different direction from your other recent posts of using external fancy preamps.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 09:30:41 AM »

Regardless...

They sound like ass and don't weigh enough to be a good door stop or boat anchor.  Widely seen among former users as a device that improves the signal chain... when removed.

YMMV.

Tim Mc
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:31:49 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 10:12:15 AM »

Regardless...

They sound like ass and don't weigh enough to be a good door stop or boat anchor.  Widely seen among former users as a device who improves the signal chain... when removed.

YMMV.

Tim Mc

However, they work quite nicely when paired with a sonic maximizer, and then shoved under the door. Niether piece of gear is quite heavy enough on its own, but together...
Jay Barracato

Scott Raymond

• Nebraska
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »

Regardless...

They sound like ass and don't weigh enough to be a good door stop or boat anchor.  Widely seen among former users as a device who improves the signal chain... when removed.

YMMV.

Tim Mc

+1  That's why you see them sold in pairs a lot.  They do however make a fair light show with a lot of red when used with any pro console.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.