ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen & Heath ZED-24  (Read 27286 times)

Dave Dermont

• Forum Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • From The Great Pocono Northeast
Allen & Heath ZED-24
« on: January 22, 2011, 11:47:49 AM »

Although I have owned it for over a year, I finally had a chance to bring my Allen & Heath ZED24 mixer out into the wild.

The ZED 24 is a small mixer with 16 mic/line inputs and four stereo line inputs. There are two pre-fader auxiliaries and two post fader auxiliaries. None of the auxiliaries are pre/post switchable.

The USB I/O can send audio to a computer from either a pair of auxiliary sends (1/2 or 3/4) or the main mix. The main mix USB send can be pre or post the main faders. USB audio is sent from a computer to stereo input four. The USB audio I/O can be used for recording, playback, or as an effects send/return with the effect being whatever plug-in you can run on your favorite flavor audio application. The ZED 24 comes packaged with Cakewalk Sonar LE.

It's got got some nice 100mm faders, which are a joy to push. This is especially true if you get stuck using a mixer named after a city in Italy or the small mixers made buy the popular USA manufacturers that use shorter faders. The channel EQ is a three-band type. The single sweepable midrange has a range of 120Hz to 4kHz

An important thing to keep in mind is that the ZED 24 sells for less than $700.00. Despite the low price, it's big enough to do a lot of gigs. It's also small enough to carry under one arm.

So far, I have used the mixer at a couple fund-raising gigs for the new local community radio station, and for the outdoor stage at my home town's First Night celebration on  New Year's Eve.

If you need a mixer with 16 microphone inputs, and two monitor sends and two effects sends are enough for what you want to do, then the Allen & Heath ZED 24 is something worth looking at. It's the biggest little $700.00 mixer out there.
Dave Dermont

Warning: Dates on calendar may be closer than they appear

Iain.Macdonald

Re: Allen & Heath ZED-24 at Blitz Communications UK
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 01:15:01 PM »

Dave,

These desks are proving quite popular. The pic above is Rob Faulkner of Blitz Communications, with one of twenty-four, that they own.

Iain.

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
Re: Allen & Heath ZED-24
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 07:40:45 PM »

i've owned 2x of the ZED14's for some time now and love them... cheap, easy to use and sound ooook to be fair = Never let me down :)

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:01:52 PM »

I dont sell them :?

There's some good offers on ebay for these desks or setup a trade account for Allen & Heath products

Iain.Macdonald

Re: Allen & Heath ZED-24 missing picture
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 01:11:05 PM »

attached.

Daniel Cash

• SR Forums
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 12:10:42 AM »

I am interested in buying ZED 24, it's a good multipurpose mixer for live sound & recording, can you give some discount?

I just bought one of these boards a few months ago from North Sound and Light. They had the best price i could find, and they always offer fantastic customer service.

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »

Whats the cost over in the states ?

Bill McIntosh

• Louisville KY
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 10:49:33 PM »

I bought the ZED 22-FX a couple of years ago.  The onboard effects work, barely, and were not worth giving up a post-fade aux.  The rest of the board is very nice.  The USB feature is handy.
You always have to do the right thing, but that's not enough. You have a job where people have to trust you. You have to LOOK like you're doing the right thing.

Mike Bamber

• Live Sound Hire Ltd
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 05:13:53 AM »

We have a ZED14 here.
The preamps and EQ leave a lot to be desired! Also likes to blow fuses if you plug it in with the power switch on.
Faders are nice (if a little cheap feeling, but it's to be expected) and USB function is useful.
I'd rather buy a secondhand Venice than the equivalent ZED board new however.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 10:11:26 AM »

We have a ZED14 here.
........... likes to blow fuses if you plug it in with the power switch on.

Then don't do that!
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 10:11:26 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.