ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ashly Protea 3.24cl troubles  (Read 6591 times)

Hank Staples

Ashly Protea 3.24cl troubles
« on: July 24, 2011, 10:29:38 PM »

I have started having trouble with an Ashly Protea 3.24cl. I have had this unit since new (about 3 years or so). This weekend I had a gig Fri and Sat nights. Friday was outside in the Louisiana heat from 2 in the afternoon til about midnight..it worked perfectly. Saturday I was inside doing sound for a band at a wedding reception. Got everything set up and  turned on ... the crossover's display remained lit..but blank. I turned it off and on several times to no avail. I wound up using the filters and eq on my O1V96 to achieve a workaround.

After setting up I left it on and went to run some errands. When I got back to the venue it was working. I hooked it back into the system and it worked perfectly all night. It has been acting up before this but it has always worked. Any clue..should I try a "hard reset" or just send it in for a repair to Ashly? Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris Davis

• SR Forums
  • USA
Re: Ashly Protea 3.24cl troubles
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 10:45:51 PM »

I have started having trouble with an Ashly Protea 3.24cl. I have had this unit since new (about 3 years or so). This weekend I had a gig Fri and Sat nights. Friday was outside in the Louisiana heat from 2 in the afternoon til about midnight..it worked perfectly. Saturday I was inside doing sound for a band at a wedding reception. Got everything set up and  turned on ... the crossover's display remained lit..but blank. I turned it off and on several times to no avail. I wound up using the filters and eq on my O1V96 to achieve a workaround.

After setting up I left it on and went to run some errands. When I got back to the venue it was working. I hooked it back into the system and it worked perfectly all night. It has been acting up before this but it has always worked. Any clue..should I try a "hard reset" or just send it in for a repair to Ashly? Any advice would be appreciated.

I'd definitely send it in.  You will probably be calling for an RMA anyhow, so you could ask them either way.  But it sounds to me like something outside of normal operation in my experience of having those.

Hank Staples

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 10:59:17 PM »

I'd definitely send it in.  You will probably be calling for an RMA anyhow, so you could ask them either way.  But it sounds to me like something outside of normal operation in my experience of having those.

I would feel better about doing that. I hate having a piece of gear that is questionable. I have a couple of backup x-overs..believe it or not one is a 10 year old B-ringer... ::) Wow..did I really just say that?!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »

I would feel better about doing that. I hate having a piece of gear that is questionable. I have a couple of backup x-overs..believe it or not one is a 10 year old B-ringer... ::) Wow..did I really just say that?!

Anything will break eventually.  Give them Ashly a call, have the serial number handy; they'll get you fixed up.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

ps. the last time I had a flaky 4.24C was due to a bad IEC power cord... the intermittent connection drove the unit (and me) crazy.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 11:24:45 PM »

Contact Ashly. I had problems with a 3.24cl (programs became corrupt) and they replaced the main board under warranty and promptly.

No problems since.

Hank Staples

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 12:05:57 AM »

Anything will break eventually.  Give them Ashly a call, have the serial number handy; they'll get you fixed up.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

ps. the last time I had a flaky 4.24C was due to a bad IEC power cord... the intermittent connection drove the unit (and me) crazy.

Thanks Tim. I will call them in the morning...I don't need anything ELSE driving me crazy..there are plenty of other things around here to do that!  :D

Hank Staples

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 12:08:49 AM »

Contact Ashly. I had problems with a 3.24cl (programs became corrupt) and they replaced the main board under warranty and promptly.

No problems since.

Back during the winter when I would power up the rack sometimes it would mute all the ins and outs and the clip lights would all come on. After letting it sit powered up for a few minutes it would "behave". Sounds like it may have internal problems like yours did.

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 01:55:24 AM »

Do they have a battery backup??? could be going flat.

I have found that Ashly customer support is excellent when I had to deal with them.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:18:58 AM by Jonathan Goodall »

Bill Hinds

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 08:00:03 AM »

If it is around 3 years old they had a problem with a socket.  I have had 2 with that same type of problem as well as the XLR sticking in the Inputs.  Both were defects from their supplier.  Make sure you tell them the age along with your issue as that will make a difference if they tell you to do a hard reset or if they tell you to send it back.  They fixed mine & had it back to me in about 1 week.

Hope that helps.

Bill

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 08:00:03 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.