ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meyer CQ-2 FOH + 1 HP650 + 2 Mackie 1501HD SUB  (Read 5075 times)

jared.bownds

Meyer CQ-2 FOH + 1 HP650 + 2 Mackie 1501HD SUB
« on: July 24, 2011, 09:54:14 PM »

Hey there. I am reaching out to see if the following sound reinforcement will be enough for a ballroom of 500. We are hosting "T-Bone" as well as other musicians who like it loud and full. If anyone has input, i would appreciate it.
FOH
(2) Meyer CQ2 - http://www.meyersound.com/products/concertseries/cq-2/
(1) HP600 SUB - http://www.meyersound.com/products/concertseries/600hp/
(2) Macke HD1501 SUB - http://www.mackie.com/products/hd1501/

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:57:19 PM by jared.bownds »

Justin Dodd

Re: Meyer CQ-2 FOH + 1 HP650 + 2 Mackie 1501HD SUB
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 10:22:17 PM »

I would have at least 2 CQ2s per side as they only have a 50deg dispersion. Any way you can rent another 650 sub and ditch the 2 Mackies?

Do you really need concert level sound for 500 or are there 500 peeps in attendance and need to cover the Dance Floor?

jared.bownds

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 10:56:32 PM »

I would have at least 2 CQ2s per side as they only have a 50deg dispersion. Any way you can rent another 650 sub and ditch the 2 Mackies?

Do you really need concert level sound for 500 or are there 500 peeps in attendance and need to cover the Dance Floor?

What about going with two CQ-1s (one on each side) which have wider dispersion?

acquiring another 650 isn't cost efficient for us due to the fact that own the two mackies. Trying to work with what we have and supplement. I'm not 100% about concert level sound. All i know is it needs to cover 500 people and sound excellent.

Your thoughts?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:13:50 PM »

What about going with two CQ-1s (one on each side) which have wider dispersion?

acquiring another 650 isn't cost efficient for us due to the fact that own the two mackies. Trying to work with what we have and supplement. I'm not 100% about concert level sound. All i know is it needs to cover 500 people and sound excellent.

Your thoughts?

Definitely not enough rig for the gig.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

jared.bownds

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 11:23:27 PM »

Good information. Any suggestions?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 11:30:27 PM »

What exactly is your role?  Are you the presenters/sponsors, hired help, volunteers or what?

Exactly what and how much gear do you have access to?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

jared.bownds

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 11:38:21 PM »

What exactly is your role?  Are you the presenters/sponsors, hired help, volunteers or what?

Exactly what and how much gear do you have access to?

I'm a volunteer who will be running the board. I've been charged with getting the gear together etc...

In regards to gear that we own, we are pretty limited. The system we are essentially supplementing is for 150 people. (2) Mackie 15" thumps, (2) Mackie HD1501subs, monitors etc.. It is an active system.

The system we are trying to design is for a ballroom that seats 500. I am converting our old system (Mackies) and other active speakers into monitors etc... So i am trying to find a suitable replacement for the FOH speakers. I'm not quite sure how much i need but i figured base lining with the CQ-2s would be a good start. Also I'm not certain about how much sub would be needed. Were not looking to have a complete professional setup, but we definitely want the system to perform. Also we are using a PreSonus 24.4.2

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 05:31:54 AM »

I am reaching out to see if the following sound reinforcement will be enough for a ballroom of 500. We are hosting "T-Bone" as well as other musicians who like it loud and full.
I'm a volunteer who will be running the board. I've been charged with getting the gear together etc...

In regards to gear that we own, we are pretty limited. The system we are essentially supplementing is for 150 people. (2) Mackie 15" thumps, (2) Mackie HD1501subs, monitors etc.. It is an active system.

The system we are trying to design is for a ballroom that seats 500. I am converting our old system (Mackies) and other active speakers into monitors etc... So i am trying to find a suitable replacement for the FOH speakers. I'm not quite sure how much i need but i figured base lining with the CQ-2s would be a good start. Also I'm not certain about how much sub would be needed. Were not looking to have a complete professional setup, but we definitely want the system to perform. Also we are using a PreSonus 24.4.2.
Is there a potential disconnect here?  It sounds like you, and the performers, have certain expectations and while I understand the desire to use as much of what you have as possible, is that the best approach?  For example, have you asked if any of the performers have tech rider requirements and will they accept what you are proposing?

Another aspect is that it may be 500 people but expanding on Dick's comments, what does that mean in terms of the desired area to be covered, output levels, etc.?  And since this is apparently a system being pieced together just for this event, and you are a volunteer, are you going to have the time and all the ancillary pieces and parts that may be necessary to get the system together and working properly?  It just sounds like a situation where it may be best for everyone to consider renting a complete system or at least racks and stacks.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 11:38:48 AM »

The system we are trying to design is for a ballroom that seats 500. I am converting our old system (Mackies) and other active speakers into monitors etc... So i am trying to find a suitable replacement for the FOH speakers. I'm not quite sure how much i need but i figured base lining with the CQ-2s would be a good start. Also I'm not certain about how much sub would be needed. Were not looking to have a complete professional setup, but we definitely want the system to perform. Also we are using a PreSonus 24.4.2
"Getting the gear" can mean very different thing.  Are you going to rent it? or buy it? or look for donations? etc.

All of those can have very different results.

What is your budget and exactly what does it need to cover?

You first need to define the liitations, and then figure a way to work within those limitations.

It sounds like the simplest thing to so is tosimply hire a professional company who has the experience and the gear to do the gig.

ALl the best intentions-even with good gear does not guarantee a good performance.  There is a lot more that goes into it than just he gear.

The words best paint brush in the hands of an amature is not going to give a great piece of art.

Having a tool is one thing.  Knowing how and where to use it is quite another.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 11:38:48 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.