Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

What the heck happened whist I was gone?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Chris Davis on January 22, 2011, 07:55:06 PM ---P.S.  Since this is a login-based system, what in the world do they have a Captcha verification for??
--- End quote ---

The Capcha screen goes away after 2 posts. Until a few days ago we also had admin approval of registration, which was needed to stop the flood of spambots that made it past the original 5 capcha posts. As the forums were open for a while the flood slowed down and we got rid of approval and 3 capcha screens.

--- Quote from: Chris Davis on January 22, 2011, 07:55:06 PM ---P.P.S.  After I post, why did it return me to the previous screen with the listing of all the forum posts?

--- End quote ---

Because you didn't go to your profile and set things up the way you want them.

You may also find Membergroups useful.

Mac

Chris Davis:
Thanks Mac.  That helps things out.

Chris

Emil Gawaziuk:
Well, I say change is good. Having been a long time member round here, I have now seen 4 (I think, I don't really pay attention to this crap in all reality. It is just software and presentation methodology to me and I really don't get overly up in arms about it at all.  It is the people and information that they provide on here that is the important bit) software changes since the days of this little communitys beginnings.  Hell, I can't even remember how long I have been an active member........ something along the lines of at least 8 or 9 years.

Too much panic for no reason I say........  besides, no sense getting too comfortable with software things nowdays, it all changes quickly.   Only thing I would like to see is support for Tapatalk.  Makes accessing from a mobile device a lot smoother.

Thanks.

Keep up the good work Mac.

Dave Stevens:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on January 22, 2011, 11:50:18 AM ---I would love to know where this misinformation came from, and why, after repeated corrections, it continues to be posted.

--- End quote ---

It came from because that's what was going to happen when the announcement was made.  Then after much consternation they backed down.  But the damage control wasn't good enough and they didn't do a good enough job at walking that position back.

Brad Weber:

--- Quote from: Dave Stevens on January 25, 2011, 12:46:20 AM ---It came from because that's what was going to happen when the announcement was made.  Then after much consternation they backed down.  But the damage control wasn't good enough and they didn't do a good enough job at walking that position back.
--- End quote ---
I have to say that it was initially pretty clear that only specific threads or posts requested would be brought over and I did feel the members were put in the position of not only having to justify anything different but also berated for not supporting the planned process.  I'm glad to see a commitment to port everything over in some form of searchable archive and to address many of the other issues but the handling of the existing information base along with some other aspects of the transition seemed rather poorly planned and communicated.  I think much of that may be attributed to the new forums being made public, and in fact linked from the PSW Forums home site, while apparently still being viewed by the creators and admin as being in "Beta" status.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version