Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

What the heck happened whist I was gone?

(1/4) > >>

Jack Arnott:
I mean I'm gone a couple of months and you burn the dump down!

First off to you "Newbs" like Evan, this is maybe the sixth time this has happened. Nothing new.
(OOPs, I signed an oath that I would not write falsehoods. That is quite rich for a site that is not about content, but advertising.) ;D

Anyway, it's happened before. It's a corporate enterprise, not one of passion or individual integrity.
It's like eating at McDonalds. Not at a privately owned restaurant, like it was when Dave had it.
Does the food suck? Yes, and we never get to see Mr (or MS) Soundweb.
I get the feeling they don't even correspond with moderators. No one certainly has their back when shit hits the fan.

Dave would never let that happen.

But, if you're going to eat crappy food, at least you can do it in good company.

So here's to you, the person who contributes here, and the interaction I can have with you.

Lets enjoy this one till it inevitably burns too.  ::)

Regards, Jack

(And I never got to smote, or had a karma run over my dogma.)  :)

Collin Donohue:
Agreed... The community is what matters, not the site.

Yes, it sucks that the new format isn't quite as nice as the old one.

Yes, it sucks that everything posted before the transition will he destroyed.

But if the new forum can continue to be a place where I can get solutions for my inane little problems and annoying questions, or where I can contribute to other people's issues, then I will continue to come here on a daily basis.

I really wish some of those "I'll never use the new site" would reconsider. Their decision is truly unfortunate for all.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Collin Donohue on January 22, 2011, 08:27:33 AM ---Yes, it sucks that everything posted before the transition will he destroyed.

--- End quote ---

I would love to know where this misinformation came from, and why, after repeated corrections, it continues to be posted.

From the very first conference calls we have been told that if the old forums could not be integrated into the new ones, and they can't, that there would be a searchable archive. What form it will take we don't know yet, but there will be one.

Mac

Jack Arnott:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on January 22, 2011, 11:50:18 AM ---I would love to know where this misinformation came from, and why, after repeated corrections, it continues to be posted.

Mac

--- End quote ---

I really don't care one way or another. The search function was so horrible that the old forum hardly existed beyond the last two pages to me anyway.

Beyond this, perhaps it gets its life in the fact that we have heard the same thing the last time this happened.

(Don't worry, we will fix it in the mix.)  :)

Regards, Jack

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Jack Arnott on January 22, 2011, 02:21:54 PM ---I really don't care one way or another. The search function was so horrible that the old forum hardly existed beyond the last two pages to me anyway.

Beyond this, perhaps it gets its life in the fact that we have heard the same thing the last time this happened.

(Don't worry, we will fix it in the mix.)  :)

Regards, Jack

--- End quote ---

The search function in the archive truly does suck. The search function in the LAB isn't nearly as bad as everyone claims. Most of the time when someone says that couldn't find what they were looking for, I found it with the LAB search in a couple of minutes. It is a simple keyword search and isn't as sophisticated as Google, but it almost always found what I was looking for.

And yes, we are hearing the same thing, and just like last time, there will be a searchable archive. This particular complaint is much ado about nothing.

Mac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version