ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats there to do in Trinidad & Tobago?  (Read 2727 times)

Kurt Stephens

• SR Forums
Whats there to do in Trinidad & Tobago?
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:47:15 AM »

I am studying abroad in Trinidad & Tobago for the semester - and sadly had to leave my sound reinforcement gear behind (as well as my Sound System Engineering vol. 3 book!).

Does anyone know anything sound-related I can do for fun here except analyze the local club systems (which form what Ive gathered are very shitty) - or go to concerts just to see what type of line arrays they use?

Anyone been there?

Larry Robbins

Re: Whats there to do in Trinidad & Tobago?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:39:16 AM »

Anyone been there?

In cruising up and down the Eastern Caribbean a few times, I have avoided Trinidad as it is a place with lots of crime against boaters, some of which is violent. 
As far as music goes, it is a place that has a huge  carnival which features many regional steel drum bands.  Take security very seriously.
Retired, went sailing, went broke, worked in Miami while living aboard, sold boat, bought house where family is (Redding CA). Bought a Motorhome to explore in covid isolation.  Making a nice music-media center out of dinette...off to the boonies as the smoke clears.

Ricky John

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 04:05:31 PM »

Lots to do in sweet T&T but like anywhere in the world right now, you have to be careful.
Lived 20 years in the various places in the US, Chicago, Atlanta and New Jersey and moved back about two years ago and started a small sound company. You are here at the right time, for Carnival.
Have fun and be safe.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 04:05:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.