ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 01v96v2 effects routing question  (Read 3153 times)

Mario Roman

01v96v2 effects routing question
« on: July 20, 2011, 08:22:22 PM »

Good day All,

I've done a forum search on the old and new forums without much luck so I thought I'd ask here. I've been using my 01v96 for years now and I've had some quirky things arise lately. A couple weeks ago at a gig while running my normal 4 monitor mixes on Aux 1-4, I had a problem getting the guitar players vocals in the singers monitor and couldn't get it out. The singer is on aux 1 the guitarist on aux 2. Everytime I brought up the guitarist in his monitor on aux 2 he kept coming out aux 1 even when I had his channel turned down completely in aux 1.

The other thing I've noticed is that all the effects are coming out the main L/R out even when I have those channels shut off. For example, I have 3 effects mixes. These are on sent on aux's 5-7 and returned on channels 25-30. I can turn off the singers channel and still have his vocal coming out the mains. I may be wrong, but I always thought that when I used to pull down the fader or shut off the mic channel input the signal no longer went to the effects and thus had no output. If I'm wrong and this is normal, is there a better way to do this so my effects are only mixed and sent based on the mic channel input fader? Or do I have a problem starting with my board? It's about 7 years old and gets used every weekend. These days it is usually very hot to the touch on the bottom by the end of the night. Anyones thoughts, input, or similar experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mario

Don Ernst

• Ernst Audio Services, Inc
Re: 01v96v2 effects routing question
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:35:04 PM »

Good day All,

I've done a forum search on the old and new forums without much luck so I thought I'd ask here. I've been using my 01v96 for years now and I've had some quirky things arise lately. A couple weeks ago at a gig while running my normal 4 monitor mixes on Aux 1-4, I had a problem getting the guitar players vocals in the singers monitor and couldn't get it out. The singer is on aux 1 the guitarist on aux 2. Everytime I brought up the guitarist in his monitor on aux 2 he kept coming out aux 1 even when I had his channel turned down completely in aux 1.

The other thing I've noticed is that all the effects are coming out the main L/R out even when I have those channels shut off. For example, I have 3 effects mixes. These are on sent on aux's 5-7 and returned on channels 25-30. I can turn off the singers channel and still have his vocal coming out the mains. I may be wrong, but I always thought that when I used to pull down the fader or shut off the mic channel input the signal no longer went to the effects and thus had no output. If I'm wrong and this is normal, is there a better way to do this so my effects are only mixed and sent based on the mic channel input fader? Or do I have a problem starting with my board? It's about 7 years old and gets used every weekend. These days it is usually very hot to the touch on the bottom by the end of the night. Anyones thoughts, input, or similar experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mario

The problem with your effects sounds exactly like your aux sends are pre fader when they should be post fader.

Questions you should ask yourself about the monitors are:
Is the guitar player's channel assigned to more than one buss or group?  Check routing.
Is the guitar player's input assigned to more than one channel?  Check input patching.
Is the direct out on the guitar player's channel assigned to the wrong place?  Check output patching.

Don Ernst
Don Ernst
Louisville, Ky.

Mario Roman

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 07:57:21 AM »

The problem with your effects sounds exactly like your aux sends are pre fader when they should be post fader.

Is the guitar player's channel assigned to more than one buss or group?  Check routing.
Is the guitar player's input assigned to more than one channel?  Check input patching.
Is the direct out on the guitar player's channel assigned to the wrong place?  Check output patching.

Don Ernst

Don,
Thanks for the reply. After a while of playing around with it I figured out that the effects auxes somehow got changed to prefader. That problem is fixed and the monitor problem went away. It only happened at the one gig so maybe it was one of those digital board glitches that happen every so often. Thanks again for your help.

Mario

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 07:43:12 PM »

Don Ernst

Don,
Thanks for the reply. After a while of playing around with it I figured out that the effects auxes somehow got changed to prefader. That problem is fixed and the monitor problem went away. It only happened at the one gig so maybe it was one of those digital board glitches that happen every so often. Thanks again for your help.

Mario

Mario.

From what I understand the the 01v96 is actually very good at not having glitches :)

If you factory-reset the mixer, either by pressing a combination of keys upon start-up, or selecting the "factory preset" scene - all the auxes become post-fader.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 01:13:25 AM »

I had a real glitch: At a recent gig, channel 2 refused to send signal to aux 2 (it sent to 1, 3, 4).  I could find nothing misconfigured.  I called up a scene from a previous show, and had the same problem.  I called up a scene from a show that was in between the other two, and it worked.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 03:10:47 AM »

I had a real glitch: At a recent gig, channel 2 refused to send signal to aux 2 (it sent to 1, 3, 4).  I could find nothing misconfigured.  I called up a scene from a previous show, and had the same problem.  I called up a scene from a show that was in between the other two, and it worked.

It's been my week for digital mixer glitches.

01v96... Aux 2, patched to Omni Out 2.  Working earlier in the day, all meters show signal, but none at the Omni Out.  This is in mid-afternoon, outdoors, some direct sunlight.  I plugged the cable into Omni 4, brought up the needed sends in that Aux and all was good.  Haven't have a chance to check it in the shop.

SC48... Error messages on boot, sluggish response.  Called AVID Venue support who diagnosed HD failure and authorized a new HD to ship overnight, but I needed the desk to be fully functional "right fucking now".  They gave me the drive specs and the info I needed to access & replace the drive.  A run to Big Box Buy and 30 minutes after returning the console was back to 100%.  I'm considering a solid state drive even if AVID doesn't support them in the SC48.

That was my 'stuff happens' week.  Showtimes were free of console glitches, for which I'm very grateful.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 03:10:47 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.