ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Freq Analyzer/Oscilloscope  (Read 9612 times)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Freq Analyzer/Oscilloscope
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 11:43:35 AM »

I don't know, blinky lights sell well because when properly applied they can make life easier, and will help inform the operator if they pay attention to what is going on. 

JR

Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 01:32:43 PM »

I don't know, blinky lights sell well because when properly applied they can make life easier, and will help inform the operator if they pay attention to what is going on. 

JR

Yeah, it's getting to that point where the blinky lights *mean something* to the observer.  I was very pleased with your original FLS® implementation and was able to make effective use of it as a time saver or confirmation of what I thought I was hearing.  I came to the table with a pretty good idea of how I wanted to use the tool and where in the signal path necessary changes would be first applied.  I totally grok the selling point, too. ;)

Ivan's caution (and my agreement with) is based on "so fine, you know what frequency is, what will you do to fix it?"  That doesn't come built in, either with the Black Boxen or the Gray Matter Computer.

Have fun, stay in the shade.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Don Boomer

• RF Venue
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 01:39:10 PM »

JR

Peavey Mentor maybe?  8)
Don Boomer
Senior applications engineer
RF Venue, Inc.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 03:07:53 PM »

Peavey Mentor maybe?  8)

The main problem with the Peavey Mentor, was that it said Peavey on it.  :P Peavey customers would never pay a premium for something they could  buy already built into an EQ. So Mentor was the blinky light box for people too cool to use Peavey GEQ. i tried to get the Crest marketing guys to brand it a Crest product, that could have given it some life, but I never succeeded.   

It was a well loved product that just didn't sell in numbers adequate to justify its existence in the Peavey line.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 03:07:53 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.