ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Kool and The Gang" Backline?  (Read 17241 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: "Kool and The Gang" Backline?
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 08:57:31 AM »

Where is the "Angst"? If you look at my OP all I really asked for was a rider/backline list.  I have given you guys more information because you asked for it. There is no "angst"

Seems to be here:

I appreciate your interest Tim. Contract is signed. I figured somebody on here could get it to me quicker then going through my client who is going through another client, who is going through another client......etc...etc...

I guess I misjudged the forums!

Steven

and here:

Honestly these responses are so typical of the attitude of this forum. ...

To those that posted criticism of the event rather then lending a hand I would say be aware that when you post a response you dont always know all the information. Therefore it is best not to judge. If a guy is asking for a rider and you have it be kind enough to pass it along! Could really help someone out! That is what this forum is about right? Industry professionals sharing information.

If you do not have helpful info dont respond! And certainly dont respond back with opinions on why you think the event sounds fishy, or is a "Big Red Flag". In my opinion that doesnt really help.

And maybe here:

Did you really go with information given or did you make a pronounced judgement on the information given?

This forum isn't Wikipedia - it's not an oracle of information that's simply regurgitated based on a keyword search.  This is a group of industry pros who have learned by experience - sometimes being bloodied by bad experiences - and they are kind enough to pass on some warnings when red flags appear in the hopes of saving posters trouble and hardship.  I hope you learn to take it that way without abusing those trying to help you, even if they say things you don't particularly want to hear.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 12:33:04 PM »

Where is the "Angst"? If you look at my OP all I really asked for was a rider/backline list.  I have given you guys more information because you asked for it. There is no "angst"

All I wanted was a simple backline list! haha

The books of Ecclesiastes and Proverbs are attributed to King Solomon.  Along with the book of Job, they constitute what scholars refer to as the Wisdom Literature of the Old Testament.

In Proverbs 26:4-5, Solomon records two apparently contradictory statements:   "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself"   and then  "Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes."     Obviously, both can be true.    Solomon expected his readers to learn Wisdom by discerning the appropriate response in a given circumstance.

Those of us following and sometimes replying to your comments about EWI gear and a Kool & The Gang rider have been challenged these last few days to know which of Solomon's principles would best apply.     
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Steven Leonard

• Sands Productions
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 02:31:56 PM »

The books of Ecclesiastes and Proverbs are attributed to King Solomon.  Along with the book of Job, they constitute what scholars refer to as the Wisdom Literature of the Old Testament.

In Proverbs 26:4-5, Solomon records two apparently contradictory statements:   "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself"   and then  "Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes."     Obviously, both can be true.    Solomon expected his readers to learn Wisdom by discerning the appropriate response in a given circumstance.

Those of us following and sometimes replying to your comments about EWI gear and a Kool & The Gang rider have been challenged these last few days to know which of Solomon's principles would best apply.   

I appreciate the info James. I really just need a backline list.

If anyone has one I'd appreciate it!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 03:55:54 PM »

Amen, James.   Great attribution. 

My "tool for fools" is the ignore list.  I've just inducted a new member.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Gian P. Portanova

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 05:47:12 PM »

[/quote]

I appreciate the info James. I really just need a backline list.

If anyone has one I'd appreciate it!
[/quote]

"All I wanted was a Pepsi," -ST

Bonnie Lackey

• Bonnie Lackey's Website
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2011, 09:39:04 PM »

Hi Steven:
Back to the subject at hand.  Riders are often modified based on whether the date is a fly in date or a bus date.  Riders can be modified by the venue -- concert hall, corporate date, Vegas date, etc.  What we are trying to tell you is it is suicide to put together a proposal for a "blind" show.  PS Signing a contract without having the entire contract (ie the rider) is like diving into a swimming pool before you look to see if it has water.  Please don't hesitate to ask questions.
Bonnie Lackey
Proline / Avidex AV
Seattle
In the Production Industry since 1979

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 12:54:00 AM »

Even an informal show is worthy of a professional production. Showing up without information (and therefore without the right gear) is unprofessional.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »

Even an informal show is worthy of a professional production. Showing up without information (and therefore without the right gear) is unprofessional.

I'm all for Steven wanting to make a good impression in spite of lacking direct info (now that he's established what he's up to), but I still put the onus on the artist's management or production manager to specify those things that the artist will personally use.  I particularly enjoy the irony of an endorsing artist performing with instruments or gear from other manufacturers (with gaff tape over the logos) because nobody forwarded the necessary info.  One would think such details would be important to *somebody* connected with the performer.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.