ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW VRS18 Reviews  (Read 4501 times)

Chris Delcambre

EAW VRS18 Reviews
« on: July 20, 2011, 01:38:26 pm »

Hi,

I am looking at installing 2 VRS18 subs in a small local club. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with these. They are going with 2 EAW FR153z boxes. The 153s are Flown on the corners of the dancefloor and the subs are going on the side of the dancefloor.

Any better suggestions in that price range???

Thanks,
Chris

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: EAW VRS18 Reviews
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 02:24:00 pm »

Hi,

I am looking at installing 2 VRS18 subs in a small local club. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with these. They are going with 2 EAW FR153z boxes. The 153s are Flown on the corners of the dancefloor and the subs are going on the side of the dancefloor.

Thanks,
Chris

There are two other guys looking for the same info in different sections.  Maybe you should get together with them.  Oh.....wait.....it's you every time.

Tsk tsk tsk.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Chris Delcambre

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 03:20:36 pm »

There are two other guys looking for the same info in different sections.  Maybe you should get together with them.  Oh.....wait.....it's you every time.

Tsk tsk tsk.

Sorry but it pertains to all above Forums... Its a "Subwoofer" for an "Installation" and is for "small venue" use.

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Chris

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 03:26:44 pm »

Sorry but it pertains to all above Forums... Its a "Subwoofer" for an "Installation" and is for "small venue" use.

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Chris

Sorry, but it is historically less than acceptable to post the same question in multiple forum sections no matter how many you think are applicable. 

Just a point of Forum etiquette albeit picky.......

So my advice (which you say will be greatly appreciated) is to single post and get your help.  My suggestion is to leave it in the "install" section as that is the one which includes all your parameters.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 11:40:07 am »

Hi,

Thanks,
Chris
In answer to your query...sure why not?  What you have will work just fine
Choose a powerful amplifier to drive them between 750Wminimum to 1000W into 8ohms.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from bridging amps. There is more then one reason
why not to bridge but you can google that.   

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 03:53:19 pm »

Do you already have the associated amps and processing?  What musical styles/genres?  What is the end result you're looking for?

The VRS18 specifications are a bit difficult to follow with things like an "operating range" with no limits noted, a nominal impedance of 8 Ohms but a minimum impedance of 9.1 Ohms (and that at 110Hz), frequency response and sensitivity numbers that appear to include the recommended processing and a power rating that is not clear if it is with or without that processing.  The reason I note this is that it looks like the subs definitely need the processing while if you run the mains hard then with the processing applied the subs appear as though they may have some difficulty providing the low frequency output that may be desired compared to the mains that may be desired for some musical styles.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 03:53:19 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.