ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording from the Matrix on the Yamaha M7cl  (Read 4430 times)

Joanne Adams

Recording from the Matrix on the Yamaha M7cl
« on: July 19, 2011, 10:54:27 PM »

Hey everyone,
does anyone know how to set up and record from the matrix channels on the M7cl?  I am having trouble setting this up - please help if you can, thanks!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Recording from the Matrix on the Yamaha M7cl
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 01:01:23 AM »

Hey everyone,
does anyone know how to set up and record from the matrix channels on the M7cl?  I am having trouble setting this up - please help if you can, thanks!

At the risk of being seen as ill-mannered, I must ask: did you read the manual?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Joanne Adams

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 01:56:58 AM »

At the risk of being seen as ill-mannered, I must ask: did you read the manual?
I did read it rather extensively, but it is not too clear - at least to me - on how to exactly patch it.

peter dakin

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 05:46:38 AM »

I did read it rather extensively, but it is not too clear - at least to me - on how to exactly patch it.

Try google with "M7cl matrix sends". Half way down page is M7cl quick start guide - par 1. Look at page 15. Will tell you everything you need to know.

Basically you're trying to create a mono or stereo send out of the desk on XLR (unless you have a additional card with alternative output options), fed by the stereo bus.

There is no "record" function like on the LS9.

Dave Barnett

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 06:29:40 PM »

Well let's see.  First you figure out which matrix matrices you with to connect the recorder to, and assign them to a pair of convenient output jacks.  Then you send the L+R outputs to those matrices.  It's quite easy.

Joanne Adams

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 06:46:42 PM »

Well let's see.  First you figure out which matrix matrices you with to connect the recorder to, and assign them to a pair of convenient output jacks.  Then you send the L+R outputs to those matrices.  It's quite easy.

Thanks Dave,
I did do that previously, but didn't realize I was having problems with my CD recorder.  I did get it to work properly.

Dave Barnett

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 06:36:32 PM »

Good lord, sorry about the mangled grammar.  That should read "First you figure out which matrices you wish to connect the recorder to...".  That's still poor, but what the heck, a dangling participle never killed anyone.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 06:36:32 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.