Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Recording from the Matrix on the Yamaha M7cl

(1/2) > >>

Joanne Adams:
Hey everyone,
does anyone know how to set up and record from the matrix channels on the M7cl?  I am having trouble setting this up - please help if you can, thanks!

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: JoAdams on July 19, 2011, 10:54:27 PM ---Hey everyone,
does anyone know how to set up and record from the matrix channels on the M7cl?  I am having trouble setting this up - please help if you can, thanks!

--- End quote ---

At the risk of being seen as ill-mannered, I must ask: did you read the manual?

Joanne Adams:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on July 20, 2011, 01:01:23 AM ---At the risk of being seen as ill-mannered, I must ask: did you read the manual?

--- End quote ---
I did read it rather extensively, but it is not too clear - at least to me - on how to exactly patch it.

peter dakin:

--- Quote from: JoAdams on July 20, 2011, 01:56:58 AM ---I did read it rather extensively, but it is not too clear - at least to me - on how to exactly patch it.

--- End quote ---

Try google with "M7cl matrix sends". Half way down page is M7cl quick start guide - par 1. Look at page 15. Will tell you everything you need to know.

Basically you're trying to create a mono or stereo send out of the desk on XLR (unless you have a additional card with alternative output options), fed by the stereo bus.

There is no "record" function like on the LS9.

Dave Barnett:
Well let's see.  First you figure out which matrix matrices you with to connect the recorder to, and assign them to a pair of convenient output jacks.  Then you send the L+R outputs to those matrices.  It's quite easy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version