ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shoes for Industry!  (Read 7962 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Shoes for Industry!
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 12:17:27 AM »

Found an Ecco store 6 miles from my house. Thanks again Mac.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 01:45:03 AM »

Found an Ecco store 6 miles from my house. Thanks again Mac.

Seriously, Bob, the Track II or Track V (2 and 5 for non-Romans) are the models to get.  I have other Ecco shoes, but those are the most comfortable to stand or wear for extended periods.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 11:13:10 AM »

Probably Tim, but corporate dress code mandates specific style and I don't think those would pass. Maybe 2 pair would be the key to success. At any rate most of the floors I walk and stand on are raised steel floors and after a while you start to feel leg pain all the way up to your shoulders.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 03:09:31 PM »

A couple of years ago there was a thread in the PSW FUD forums about gig footwear and Mac Kerr recommended Ecco Track V (low) as comfortable for long days.

It was that recommendation that motivated me to try them.  After several months of owning a pair I can say that for me, they are exactly as he described them.  I just spent 2 days in 105°F weather, mostly either standing at FOH or walking speaker coverage areas.  My feet are happy and my back isn't killing me.

Thanks for the tip, Mac.

Tim Mc

I have been wearing Eccos for about 5 years now.  I prefer Track II to Track IV, having worn a pair of IV for a couple of years now.  It's a shame Ecco stopped producing Track II in black.

My 'other' shoes for everyday wear are New Balance 927 walkers.  I get a new pair every June.

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 03:13:32 PM »

My 'other' shoes for everyday wear are New Balance 927 walkers.  I get a new pair every June.

These are my choice.  And they seem to be the most popular among hotel banquet staff as well.  If you're going to be on your feet and piling up the miles, these are the best I've found.  I use them with custom orthotics from my chiropractor.  The orthotics are for my back, but everything starts with the feet........
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 06:54:09 PM »

Probably Tim, but corporate dress code mandates specific style and I don't think those would pass. Maybe 2 pair would be the key to success. At any rate most of the floors I walk and stand on are raised steel floors and after a while you start to feel leg pain all the way up to your shoulders.

Track V are available in black, with a low (regular shoe) cut or a boot style.   With properly fitted trousers I doubt anyone would notice.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 11:20:44 AM »

Track V are available in black, with a low (regular shoe) cut or a boot style.   With properly fitted trousers I doubt anyone would notice.

I like the Converse Athletic, black, steel toe, C1860 is fine in a corp enviroment, www.IPPShoes.com provides them Bob, they are in Wilmington I beleive, $70.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 11:20:44 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.