ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Stage collapses on Cheap Trick:  (Read 20016 times)

Albert Thomas

Re: Stage collapses on Cheap Trick:
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 11:29:53 PM »

Brad,
I've looked at the vidoes and was amazed, or maybe not, to see kids laughing at the failure. No concern at all. It was about then that I could reach through the system and slap the shit out of some of those people. They never learn. I'm glad all are well.

We're living in the age of Youtube and Jackass, where failure and pain is considered entertainment. I can't stand when people want to show me the latest "fail (fill in the blank)" video of someone getting hurt. Call me old school, but I still have empathy and I don't enjoy seeing other people get hurt. In their defense, sometimes people unaccustomed to seeing real tragedy (not many of us are), react seemingly inappropriately as an outlet for emotions they don't know how to deal with at that moment. 

Paul Walters

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 12:36:42 PM »

Brad,
I've looked at the vidoes and was amazed, or maybe not, to see kids laughing at the failure. No concern at all. It was about then that I could reach through the system and slap the shit out of some of those people. They never learn. I'm glad all are well.

Death Cab for Cutie was closing the show that night - I think their main demographic is apathetic teenagers; I'm not surprised.

An unnecessary and immature response to an immature reaction.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 01:58:09 PM »

Brad,

Death Cab for Cutie was closing the show that night - I think their main demographic is apathetic teenagers; I'm not surprised.

Hello,

Bob's and other's responses and Brad's follow-up response was neither unnecessary nor immature.  Their responses were spot on.

These people from the video that took delight in the misfortunes of those hurt, and the Show related Companies that had losses are rude, ignorant, crude, obtuse, or probably borderline sociopaths.

While we're slapping the people from the video, we should also be slapping their self-absorbed, non-parenting fathers and mothers.

Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Paul Walters

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 06:00:16 PM »

Brad,

Hello,

Bob's and other's responses and Brad's follow-up response was neither unnecessary nor immature.  Their responses were spot on.

These people from the video that took delight in the misfortunes of those hurt, and the Show related Companies that had losses are rude, ignorant, crude, obtuse, or probably borderline sociopaths.

While we're slapping the people from the video, we should also be slapping their self-absorbed, non-parenting fathers and mothers.

Hammer

I was referring to the post regarding Death Cab and its supposed "main demographic." I didn't realize that it had quoted the first post as well. It is unnecessary to disrespect a band and its fanbase because of the reactions of a few punters attending a show for a different band. For what it's worth, the majority of Death Cab for Cutie's fans are in their 20s and 30s, the same as the band members.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 07:06:44 PM »

I was referring to the post regarding Death Cab and its supposed "main demographic." I didn't realize that it had quoted the first post as well. It is unnecessary to disrespect a band and its fanbase because of the reactions of a few punters attending a show for a different band. For what it's worth, the majority of Death Cab for Cutie's fans are in their 20s and 30s, the same as the band members.

Hello Paul,

I now see your posting point.  I've heard of the group...but, I'm not familiar with them.

And...yeah, it was an unfair shot at the group... it's not necessarily their fault as to how some attendees act. 

Cheers,
    Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Tim Woodworth

• Intellasound Productions
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 04:15:29 PM »

Here is a bunch of photos that I was emailed a link to.

http://gallery.me.com/paul.costa#100019&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Tim Woodworth
Intellasound Productions
Verona, WI

Brad Ferguson

• Brad Ferguson
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 02:07:03 AM »

Here is a bunch of photos that I was emailed a link to.

http://gallery.me.com/paul.costa#100019&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Is anyone else impressed that the PA stayed in one piece, bumper and all?
Brad Ferguson
Tour Manager, Sound Engineer
http://www.bradferguson.ca

TrevorMilburn

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 04:07:56 AM »

Tough stuff indeed, but this could mean that each and every piece of rigging, especially those built in to the cabs, may need to be inspected, possibly load tested and re-certificated or replaced which could become very expensive in both time and money.

Regards,
Trevor

Brad Ferguson

• Brad Ferguson
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 09:59:52 AM »

Tough stuff indeed, but this could mean that each and every piece of rigging, especially those built in to the cabs, may need to be inspected, possibly load tested and re-certificated or replaced which could become very expensive in both time and money.

Regards,
Trevor

Absolutely. A few years back when a truck carrying a load of V-DOSC got in a wreck, we had to send every cabinet (that wasn't destroyed) to L'Acoustics USA to be re-inspected. It was a tedious process but the only way to ensure the rigging was in tact. We replaced all the bumpers, too.

And the latest: Cheap Trick cancel show in Vancouver over staging concerns, Black Keys raised concerns about the same stage a week prior to the fall.

http://www.spinner.ca/2011/08/01/cheap-trick-ottawa-bluesfest-black-keys/
Brad Ferguson
Tour Manager, Sound Engineer
http://www.bradferguson.ca

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 11:05:52 AM »

Regards,
Trevor

There is no "could"or "possibly" in cases like this.
That system is going to be on the way back to Meyer as soon as the insurance company is done with it.
There will also be a few bags of shackles and wire rope slings going in the destroy pile.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 11:05:52 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.