Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Suggestions for light show for band

(1/3) > >>

John Roll:
I'm the soundguy for a band who plays small clubs. I'm looking for opinions of my idea for a small light show. Currently,they have two bulky Chauvet Colorado3s on a truss in the back of the stage. They are slowly failing. I want to replace them with some lighter units, I'm thinking of 3 or 4 PAR64 LEDs for back lighting and three PAR38 LEDs up lighting each of the three front men. What is the opinion of LED panels for back lighting vs the PAR 64s?

Thanks,
John

duane massey:
Depends upon your desired look. Panels, bars, and pars all have different beam patterns, and panel/bars can do some cool "eye-candy" stuff that pars can't do. Personally I prefer using ADJ Mega Bar Pro's, as you can get really cool effects as well a traditional "wash". Need a decent controller to really get your $$ worth.

John Roll:

--- Quote from: duane massey on July 17, 2011, 11:32:23 PM ---Depends upon your desired look. Panels, bars, and pars all have different beam patterns, and panel/bars can do some cool "eye-candy" stuff that pars can't do. Personally I prefer using ADJ Mega Bar Pro's, as you can get really cool effects as well a traditional "wash". Need a decent controller to really get your $$ worth.

--- End quote ---

Has anyone used stuff from Stage Ape lighting?

duane massey:
Cheap price, cheap quality, cheap copies of better gear with lesser performance, did I say "Cheap?"

Quite often this class of fixture is irritating to program because of the channel assignments and functions. YMMV.

John Roll:

--- Quote from: duane massey on July 23, 2011, 08:02:03 PM ---Cheap price, cheap quality, cheap copies of better gear with lesser performance, did I say "Cheap?"

Quite often this class of fixture is irritating to program because of the channel assignments and functions. YMMV.

--- End quote ---

Gotcha', you get what you pay for. any suggestions for who to deal with when I decide to purchase?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version