ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown issues!  (Read 13593 times)

Stuart Pendleton

• Colonial Yorktown, VA
Re: Crown issues!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 10:28:07 AM »

Duane, I have to rent a tie when one is needed, but I try to avoid those situations.

Jason Phair

• Marketplace
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 12:37:03 PM »

It seems that everything that becomes "Harmanized" goes downhill in customer service. Not just repairs but shipping and communication suffer as well.

It seems to vary.  JBL has some of the best customer service I've come across.

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 02:26:40 PM »

Hi Paul,

Just wondering if buying a replacement Amp might still be an option?

Or bite the bullet and go with QSC.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/crown-xti-4000-power-amplifier/481590000000000

Regards,  John

paul bell

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 10:24:06 PM »

Just wondering if buying a replacement Amp might still be an option?

Hey John,

The amplifier in for repair is being rented by my client from somebody else. It must be repaired and returned.

At this point, I would NEVER purchase or recommend any Crown product to anybody. I would pretty much shy away from any Harmon product.

Kent Elliott

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 01:49:05 PM »

I'm not a Crown fan, for multiple reasons.  But in fairness on this particular issue, Harman did have a software issue that made it virtually impossible for them to process sales, and I'll bet the same problem existed in the service side.  After system-wide delays, everybody's repair is 'an emergency', and the fact that they couldn't bump your repair forward is as likely to be a commitment to treating everybody in line fairly.
  Poor service, however, is becoming a major problem at lots of companies in our industry.  Peavey (and now Crest, too) have traditionally had exceptional service response times, as another poster mentioned.  But the last 3 amps I sent in averaged nearly 2 1/2 months to get back, and I've heard from others that this is now typical.  As audio gear has moved to being sold as a commodity, many companies have cut back on any part of the business that isn't seen as a "profit center", and this includes service of all types, including technical assistance before the sale & after the sale.  Repair/parts costs have frequently become absurd, too. I've waited over 6 months for replacement parts for some of our production inventory (from a non-Harman company, and won't likely be buying any more of that product line, as a result.)
  I suspect that the impact on repeat customers is far more serious than the 'bean-counters' realize, though.  I do know that our purchasing has changed based on what manufacturers will provide support, both pre-sale and post-sale.  I've had to change $10,000+ orders from one manufacturer to another, because I couldn't get anyone from 'Company A' to even return a phone call!  If you feel Harman has provided unacceptable support, you should by all means look for a supplier that will provide the support you need.  There are still a (very) few of them out there.
  I'd love to see a thread on what companies provide exceptional support, and what companies provide poor support!
Kent Elliott
Kent Elliott

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 01:49:05 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.