ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley SM69F Any word yet?  (Read 12062 times)

Mario Roman

Danley SM69F Any word yet?
« on: January 21, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »

Hi All,

I've heard from a Danley Rep that the new SM69F has been released in the last few weeks. He said that the update to their website regarding them is a week or so off yet. Has anyone been able to see any specs or pics yet? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

Mario

Frederik Rosenkjær

Re: Danley SM69F Any word yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »

Interesting - I'll be keeping an eye on this topic.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »

Hi All,

I've heard from a Danley Rep that the new SM69F has been released in the last few weeks. He said that the update to their website regarding them is a week or so off yet. Has anyone been able to see any specs or pics yet? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

Mario
Yes it has been released.  The website info is being worked on.

Basically it is a SM60 with a wider pattern (90°x60).  The box is the same height and wider.  So it is a little bit heavier due to the extra wood and horn. It goes a little bit lower in freq-due to the larger box.

The horn part looks very much like the SH69.  It is only angled on one side-so it will still array properly if stood on end (ie vertical) and will sit flat on top of subs.  It kinda looks like a larger SH95.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 04:37:44 AM »

Very exciting!

Is it the same driver compliment?
And how about pole mount?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 08:57:07 AM »

Very exciting!

Is it the same driver compliment?
And how about pole mount?
Same driver compliment and there is a pole mount so it would be in the 90x60 position.

The crossover is almost exactly the same-a few component values changed due to the different loading of the horn with the wider pattern.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Reggie Kendrick

• Channel Live Productions - raising the bar...
    • Channel Live Productions
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 01:23:52 PM »

Same driver compliment and there is a pole mount so it would be in the 90x60 position.

The crossover is almost exactly the same-a few component values changed due to the different loading of the horn with the wider pattern.

Thank goodness for the pole mount. 

Ivan, I'll probably be making a visit up there to have a listen to this new unit.  Keep us posted as to when the pics and specs will be put on your website.
Raising the bar...

Atlanta Wedding DJs
Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »

Hey Ivan, have you guy thought about licensing the Balanced Tilter design from Nimrod Webber? For a company that is aware of putting the sound on the audience, not the walls, a fixed pole mount doesn't really cut it. A BT set up for the Danley pole mountable speakers would be very cool. Maybe whoever does your metalwork for you can do it for a little less money.

A yoke that can take a truss clamp for mounting to truss would also be great.

Mac

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »

A yoke that can take a truss clamp for mounting to truss would also be great.

Mac

Yes, I've been saying this for a long time. Still thinking about making a short video clip demonstrating how quick and easy a d&b Q7 is to mount on a stick or truss, while being able to point it anywhere. The way the swivel bracket mounts to the side of the cabinet with a safety pin is genius!

There's nothing I'd like more than to move to DSL completely as I'm a huge fan of the Synergy Horn - still I don't think there exists a match for the Q7 as a small point source speaker when it comes to deployment options/speed and SPL vs. size.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 05:39:03 PM »

Yes, I've been saying this for a long time. Still thinking about making a short video clip demonstrating how quick and easy a d&b Q7 is to mount on a stick or truss, while being able to point it anywhere. The way the swivel bracket mounts to the side of the cabinet with a safety pin is genius!

There's nothing I'd like more than to move to DSL completely as I'm a huge fan of the Synergy Horn - still I don't think there exists a match for the Q7 as a small point source speaker when it comes to deployment options/speed and SPL vs. size.

Having used both, I'd take the Meyer UPJ-1P. These are a pretty standard item with a yoke and truss clamp in NY.

Mac

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 07:05:45 PM »

Having used both, I'd take the Meyer UPJ-1P. These are a pretty standard item with a yoke and truss clamp in NY.

Mac

Also having used both - each to his own, I guess :o)

....man...I'm trying real hard to leave it at that, but....I just don't get the love for Meyer UPA-1P and UPJ-1P. I hate those cabinets with a passion. Now, I have never used the Meyer cabs in a situation where they got pushed for SPL, so while I question that they have as much muscle as the Q-boxes that's just speculation. But for both pattern control and sound quality (two sides of the same coin) I consider them very very far behind the Q's - like in a completely different category with such cabinets as SX300 and the like....

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 07:05:45 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.