Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Danley SM69F Any word yet?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Reggie Kendrick:

--- Quote from: Ivan Beaver on January 22, 2011, 08:57:07 AM ---Same driver compliment and there is a pole mount so it would be in the 90x60 position.

The crossover is almost exactly the same-a few component values changed due to the different loading of the horn with the wider pattern.

--- End quote ---

Thank goodness for the pole mount. 

Ivan, I'll probably be making a visit up there to have a listen to this new unit.  Keep us posted as to when the pics and specs will be put on your website.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Ivan Beaver on January 22, 2011, 08:57:07 AM ---Same driver compliment and there is a pole mount so it would be in the 90x60 position.

--- End quote ---

Hey Ivan, have you guy thought about licensing the Balanced Tilter design from Nimrod Webber? For a company that is aware of putting the sound on the audience, not the walls, a fixed pole mount doesn't really cut it. A BT set up for the Danley pole mountable speakers would be very cool. Maybe whoever does your metalwork for you can do it for a little less money.

A yoke that can take a truss clamp for mounting to truss would also be great.

Mac

Frederik Rosenkjśr:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on January 23, 2011, 01:30:36 PM ---
A yoke that can take a truss clamp for mounting to truss would also be great.

Mac

--- End quote ---

Yes, I've been saying this for a long time. Still thinking about making a short video clip demonstrating how quick and easy a d&b Q7 is to mount on a stick or truss, while being able to point it anywhere. The way the swivel bracket mounts to the side of the cabinet with a safety pin is genius!

There's nothing I'd like more than to move to DSL completely as I'm a huge fan of the Synergy Horn - still I don't think there exists a match for the Q7 as a small point source speaker when it comes to deployment options/speed and SPL vs. size.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Frederik Rosenkjśr on January 23, 2011, 05:21:21 PM ---Yes, I've been saying this for a long time. Still thinking about making a short video clip demonstrating how quick and easy a d&b Q7 is to mount on a stick or truss, while being able to point it anywhere. The way the swivel bracket mounts to the side of the cabinet with a safety pin is genius!

There's nothing I'd like more than to move to DSL completely as I'm a huge fan of the Synergy Horn - still I don't think there exists a match for the Q7 as a small point source speaker when it comes to deployment options/speed and SPL vs. size.

--- End quote ---

Having used both, I'd take the Meyer UPJ-1P. These are a pretty standard item with a yoke and truss clamp in NY.

Mac

Frederik Rosenkjśr:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on January 23, 2011, 05:39:03 PM ---Having used both, I'd take the Meyer UPJ-1P. These are a pretty standard item with a yoke and truss clamp in NY.

Mac

--- End quote ---

Also having used both - each to his own, I guess :o)

....man...I'm trying real hard to leave it at that, but....I just don't get the love for Meyer UPA-1P and UPJ-1P. I hate those cabinets with a passion. Now, I have never used the Meyer cabs in a situation where they got pushed for SPL, so while I question that they have as much muscle as the Q-boxes that's just speculation. But for both pattern control and sound quality (two sides of the same coin) I consider them very very far behind the Q's - like in a completely different category with such cabinets as SX300 and the like....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version