ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley SM69F Any word yet?  (Read 12061 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Danley SM69F Any word yet?
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »

.I'm trying real hard to leave it at that, but....I just don't get the love for Meyer UPA-1P and UPJ-1P.

Don't confuse a UPA-1P with a UPJ-1P they are not really anything alike. The UPJ sounds much better, and has a slightly narrower pattern, at 80º vs 100º, they are significanlty smaller, sound better, and get just as loud. On a recent show at the Brooklyn Academy of Music we had the house system of a center array of about 10 d&b T1s, and a couple of pairs of Q7s, 1 in each orch box, and 1 in each balc box. There were QSubs in the balc, and B2 subs in the orch.

The intent was to use the Q7s for the band system, and the T array for vocals. This was a theatrical oriented show. The T array did not sound good, nor did it have good coverage. We replaced it as the vocal system with 4 UPJ-1Ps, 2 for the balc and 2 for the orch. Not only did they sound way better than the array of T1s, they also sounded better that the Q7s. The Qs sounded good, but the UPJs sounded great. The QSubs did not sound good, but the B2s sounded great.

We were constrained somewhat by the fact that the d&b rig was the house install and we didn't have much opportunity to move things around.

Just my experience.

Mac

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »

Hey Ivan, have you guy thought about licensing the Balanced Tilter design from Nimrod Webber? For a company that is aware of putting the sound on the audience, not the walls, a fixed pole mount doesn't really cut it. A BT set up for the Danley pole mountable speakers would be very cool. Maybe whoever does your metalwork for you can do it for a little less money.

A yoke that can take a truss clamp for mounting to truss would also be great.

Mac
As with a lot of our other products there is a U bracket available and a adaptor that can go to a screw on pole to be used with Chief hanging hardware.  You could put a clamp or whatever in the same hole.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »

Don't confuse a UPA-1P with a UPJ-1P they are not really anything alike. The UPJ sounds much better, and <snip>

I know - I have a regularly occuring gig in a hall that has both, and normally rely as much as I can on the UPJ. I just find that many people regard the UPA as highly as the UPJ and both as highly as the rest of the Meyer boxes.

Still - can't stand'em. Different folks, different strokes, I guess.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 09:48:09 PM »

I know - I have a regularly occuring gig in a hall that has both, and normally rely as much as I can on the UPJ. I just find that many people regard the UPA as highly as the UPJ and both as highly as the rest of the Meyer boxes.

Still - can't stand'em. Different folks, different strokes, I guess.

The UPJ and the CQs are the only great Meyer boxes as far as I'm concerned, and they are great. Don't love the line arrays. used to love the MSL-2, not the 3. MSL6, not the 4.

Mac

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »

As with a lot of our other products there is a U bracket available and a adaptor that can go to a screw on pole to be used with Chief hanging hardware.  You could put a clamp or whatever in the same hole.

How does the yoke attach to the angled sides?

Mac

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 05:15:46 AM »

Yes it has been released.  The website info is being worked on.

Did your web guy miss the planetary alignment window to get home last year?  :P
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 05:15:46 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.