ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley SM69F Any word yet?  (Read 12128 times)

Mario Roman

Danley SM69F Any word yet?
« on: January 21, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »

Hi All,

I've heard from a Danley Rep that the new SM69F has been released in the last few weeks. He said that the update to their website regarding them is a week or so off yet. Has anyone been able to see any specs or pics yet? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

Mario

Frederik Rosenkjær

Re: Danley SM69F Any word yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »

Interesting - I'll be keeping an eye on this topic.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »

Hi All,

I've heard from a Danley Rep that the new SM69F has been released in the last few weeks. He said that the update to their website regarding them is a week or so off yet. Has anyone been able to see any specs or pics yet? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

Mario
Yes it has been released.  The website info is being worked on.

Basically it is a SM60 with a wider pattern (90°x60).  The box is the same height and wider.  So it is a little bit heavier due to the extra wood and horn. It goes a little bit lower in freq-due to the larger box.

The horn part looks very much like the SH69.  It is only angled on one side-so it will still array properly if stood on end (ie vertical) and will sit flat on top of subs.  It kinda looks like a larger SH95.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 04:37:44 AM »

Very exciting!

Is it the same driver compliment?
And how about pole mount?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 08:57:07 AM »

Very exciting!

Is it the same driver compliment?
And how about pole mount?
Same driver compliment and there is a pole mount so it would be in the 90x60 position.

The crossover is almost exactly the same-a few component values changed due to the different loading of the horn with the wider pattern.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Reggie Kendrick

• Channel Live Productions - raising the bar...
    • Channel Live Productions
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 01:23:52 PM »

Same driver compliment and there is a pole mount so it would be in the 90x60 position.

The crossover is almost exactly the same-a few component values changed due to the different loading of the horn with the wider pattern.

Thank goodness for the pole mount. 

Ivan, I'll probably be making a visit up there to have a listen to this new unit.  Keep us posted as to when the pics and specs will be put on your website.
Raising the bar...

Atlanta Wedding DJs
Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »

Hey Ivan, have you guy thought about licensing the Balanced Tilter design from Nimrod Webber? For a company that is aware of putting the sound on the audience, not the walls, a fixed pole mount doesn't really cut it. A BT set up for the Danley pole mountable speakers would be very cool. Maybe whoever does your metalwork for you can do it for a little less money.

A yoke that can take a truss clamp for mounting to truss would also be great.

Mac

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »

Mac

Yes, I've been saying this for a long time. Still thinking about making a short video clip demonstrating how quick and easy a d&b Q7 is to mount on a stick or truss, while being able to point it anywhere. The way the swivel bracket mounts to the side of the cabinet with a safety pin is genius!

There's nothing I'd like more than to move to DSL completely as I'm a huge fan of the Synergy Horn - still I don't think there exists a match for the Q7 as a small point source speaker when it comes to deployment options/speed and SPL vs. size.

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 05:39:03 PM »

Yes, I've been saying this for a long time. Still thinking about making a short video clip demonstrating how quick and easy a d&b Q7 is to mount on a stick or truss, while being able to point it anywhere. The way the swivel bracket mounts to the side of the cabinet with a safety pin is genius!

There's nothing I'd like more than to move to DSL completely as I'm a huge fan of the Synergy Horn - still I don't think there exists a match for the Q7 as a small point source speaker when it comes to deployment options/speed and SPL vs. size.

Having used both, I'd take the Meyer UPJ-1P. These are a pretty standard item with a yoke and truss clamp in NY.

Mac

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 07:05:45 PM »

Having used both, I'd take the Meyer UPJ-1P. These are a pretty standard item with a yoke and truss clamp in NY.

Mac

Also having used both - each to his own, I guess :o)

....man...I'm trying real hard to leave it at that, but....I just don't get the love for Meyer UPA-1P and UPJ-1P. I hate those cabinets with a passion. Now, I have never used the Meyer cabs in a situation where they got pushed for SPL, so while I question that they have as much muscle as the Q-boxes that's just speculation. But for both pattern control and sound quality (two sides of the same coin) I consider them very very far behind the Q's - like in a completely different category with such cabinets as SX300 and the like....

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »

.I'm trying real hard to leave it at that, but....I just don't get the love for Meyer UPA-1P and UPJ-1P.

Don't confuse a UPA-1P with a UPJ-1P they are not really anything alike. The UPJ sounds much better, and has a slightly narrower pattern, at 80º vs 100º, they are significanlty smaller, sound better, and get just as loud. On a recent show at the Brooklyn Academy of Music we had the house system of a center array of about 10 d&b T1s, and a couple of pairs of Q7s, 1 in each orch box, and 1 in each balc box. There were QSubs in the balc, and B2 subs in the orch.

The intent was to use the Q7s for the band system, and the T array for vocals. This was a theatrical oriented show. The T array did not sound good, nor did it have good coverage. We replaced it as the vocal system with 4 UPJ-1Ps, 2 for the balc and 2 for the orch. Not only did they sound way better than the array of T1s, they also sounded better that the Q7s. The Qs sounded good, but the UPJs sounded great. The QSubs did not sound good, but the B2s sounded great.

We were constrained somewhat by the fact that the d&b rig was the house install and we didn't have much opportunity to move things around.

Just my experience.

Mac

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »

Hey Ivan, have you guy thought about licensing the Balanced Tilter design from Nimrod Webber? For a company that is aware of putting the sound on the audience, not the walls, a fixed pole mount doesn't really cut it. A BT set up for the Danley pole mountable speakers would be very cool. Maybe whoever does your metalwork for you can do it for a little less money.

Mac
As with a lot of our other products there is a U bracket available and a adaptor that can go to a screw on pole to be used with Chief hanging hardware.  You could put a clamp or whatever in the same hole.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »

Don't confuse a UPA-1P with a UPJ-1P they are not really anything alike. The UPJ sounds much better, and <snip>

I know - I have a regularly occuring gig in a hall that has both, and normally rely as much as I can on the UPJ. I just find that many people regard the UPA as highly as the UPJ and both as highly as the rest of the Meyer boxes.

Still - can't stand'em. Different folks, different strokes, I guess.

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 09:48:09 PM »

I know - I have a regularly occuring gig in a hall that has both, and normally rely as much as I can on the UPJ. I just find that many people regard the UPA as highly as the UPJ and both as highly as the rest of the Meyer boxes.

Still - can't stand'em. Different folks, different strokes, I guess.

The UPJ and the CQs are the only great Meyer boxes as far as I'm concerned, and they are great. Don't love the line arrays. used to love the MSL-2, not the 3. MSL6, not the 4.

Mac

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »

As with a lot of our other products there is a U bracket available and a adaptor that can go to a screw on pole to be used with Chief hanging hardware.  You could put a clamp or whatever in the same hole.

How does the yoke attach to the angled sides?

Mac

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 05:15:46 AM »

Yes it has been released.  The website info is being worked on.

Did your web guy miss the planetary alignment window to get home last year?  :P

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 05:15:46 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.