ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UX8800 on older cabinets  (Read 4003 times)

Montez Carter

UX8800 on older cabinets
« on: July 15, 2011, 11:12:47 AM »

Hello. I currently have 8 EAW KF850EF's over 8 SB1000Z's. This rig is processed by an Xilica 4080 DSP. I am doing national acts on this PA with no complaints only compliments from FOH engineers. I know what they say "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but I have an itch to see that if with the UX8800 I will notice any difference with the Gunness Focusing. It is an expensive purchase for a smaller company such as my self just for a processor but If I can here a difference sonically it can be justified. Any thoughts?

Francisco Machado

Re: UX8800 on older cabinets
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 04:40:19 PM »

Hello. I currently have 8 EAW KF850EF's over 8 SB1000Z's. This rig is processed by an Xilica 4080 DSP. I am doing national acts on this PA with no complaints only compliments from FOH engineers. I know what they say "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but I have an itch to see that if with the UX8800 I will notice any difference with the Gunness Focusing. It is an expensive purchase for a smaller company such as my self just for a processor but If I can here a difference sonically it can be justified. Any thoughts?

night and day difference, this processor gave all these systems LIFE! as long as you have ALL good drivers AND plenty of power...its all good. I couldn't see myself not having one! you wont go back!  ;D

my .02
-Frank

Lev Raber

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 06:08:09 PM »

I was on the verge of selling my KF650 rig. I tried all available processing, but never got the sound I completely liked. That was before I've got  UX8800. Whatever people say about it is all true. My old system sounds fantastic now and I plan to keep it for a long time.

Albert Thomas

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 10:41:10 AM »

Found this looking up some dope on the UX8800: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAT1NWZb6gQ&feature=related

Funny. Although it wouldn't be so funny if you didn't have a back-up like this guy did  >:(

I'm gonna guess the same guy worked on both units and did some cut and paste with some of the source code and didn't quite finish tidying up?  That's why it's so good to have another programmer pore over your code when you "think" you're finished ???

Dave Bigelow

• Louisville, KY when I am actually home...
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 08:56:15 PM »

Considering that EAW is part of Loud Technologies (and has been for a while now) that is no surprise. It's kind of like how a firebird and camaro were the same car.

Yes, it is a night and day difference on the 850EF cabs, you'll be quite pleased.

Montez Carter

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 11:18:14 PM »

Considering that EAW is part of Loud Technologies (and has been for a while now) that is no surprise. It's kind of like how a firebird and camaro were the same car.

Yes, it is a night and day difference on the 850EF cabs, you'll be quite pleased.

Yes Dave I am in Louisville too. I know Tom from D.C. has them on his 850's but I have not got to hear them as everytime I see his rig he has the old mx800's. I may have to slide over to see if I can get a listen.

Dave Bigelow

• Louisville, KY when I am actually home...
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 04:24:46 AM »

Yes Dave I am in Louisville too. I know Tom from D.C. has them on his 850's but I have not got to hear them as everytime I see his rig he has the old mx800's. I may have to slide over to see if I can get a listen.

Oh shit, I didn't even read the name when I read the first post, how have you been man?

The rig at Expo has the "hand me down" processors along with one other rack now, I won't be there due to touring but this month's waterfront wednesday would be an opportuinty to hear the 8800s, not sure who is teching and mixing but you'd get a listen no matter what.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 04:24:46 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.