ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Truss Distributors  (Read 4904 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Truss Distributors
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:42:26 PM »

Hi all,

I'm in the process of trying to buy a few segments of trussing and am looking for a distributor, preferably in the central Florida (Orlando) area to save on shipping.  I'm not sure which brand to buy from but I'd prefer bolt-together trussing ( i.e. not Global Truss product ).  I'm interested in the Penn-Elcom brand but can't seem to find anyone who carries their line of trussing!  Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks,
-Jeff

Thomas Bishop

Re: Truss Distributors
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:58:27 PM »

We used Applied truss (www.appliednn.com) out of Virginia as well as Tomcat truss (out of Texas, according to the web site).  Tomcat is really nice stuff, a bit more expensive than Applied but heavy duty.  Thomas is another popular manufacturer and is great truss but requires the use of half moon washers because of the hole orientation relative to the bracing.  I stay away from it for this reason.

Todd Black

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 12:03:10 PM »

Hi all,

I'm in the process of trying to buy a few segments of trussing and am looking for a distributor, preferably in the central Florida (Orlando) area to save on shipping.  I'm not sure which brand to buy from but I'd prefer bolt-together trussing ( i.e. not Global Truss product ).  I'm interested in the Penn-Elcom brand but can't seem to find anyone who carries their line of trussing!  Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks,
-Jeff

I would get something standard such as 12" tomcat compatible that way you can rent more if needed. Total Structures http://www.totalstructures.com/ is another truss manufacturer

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 12:24:21 PM »

If you are in Orlando, why not buy from one of the big lighting shops in town? Christie Lights or PRG should both be able to hook you up, and you will have a ready supplier of matching truss when you need to rent more.

Mac

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 09:07:52 PM »

Thanks for the replies.  I'll definitely explore these options!

-Jeff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 09:07:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.