ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aviom to Line level input  (Read 4685 times)

Steve Break

Aviom to Line level input
« on: July 08, 2011, 01:06:13 PM »

trying to connect an Audio Technica M-2 in-ear monitor to the output of an Aviom Personal monitor, The Aviom is Head Phones out only and the M-2 is line in only, any suggestions as to how to do this without overloading the  M-2 ears ?

Rick Perry

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
    • Pro Audio Development
Re: Aviom to Line level input
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 06:04:32 AM »

trying to connect an Audio Technica M-2 in-ear monitor to the output of an Aviom Personal monitor, The Aviom is Head Phones out only and the M-2 is line in only, any suggestions as to how to do this without overloading the  M-2 ears ?

On my website I have a blog about bringing back aviom system which showed me taking the headphone output of the AVIOM and connecting it to a SHURE wireless in ear system. Use a TRS male plug and wire it to 2 XLR male plugs, it usually takes a special cable to have true stereo. For wiring go to http://rickcperry.com/?p=383
Hope this helps...
Rick

Jonathan Bright

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 10:24:25 PM »

On my website I have a blog about bringing back aviom system which showed me taking the headphone output of the AVIOM and connecting it to a SHURE wireless in ear system. Use a TRS male plug and wire it to 2 XLR male plugs, it usually takes a special cable to have true stereo. For wiring go to http://rickcperry.com/?p=383
Hope this helps...
Rick

Do you realize that the Shure systems have plugs on them that take both TRS or XLR in the same plug?  Sounds like you are doing extra work to convert to XLR.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 10:18:04 AM »

Answering your question more directly, a headphone output is generally close enough in level to drive a line input just fine.  Most pro gear with line ins can accept a signal as hot as +20dBU or more, which is more than 12 volts.  Looking at the M2 manual, the M2 can accept up to a +26dBU signal.

Generally the difference between a "headphone" output and a "line" output is the ability to deliver this voltage into a lower impedance - an 8 or 16 ohm load rather than a 600ohm load.  The headphone output has more current supplying ability.

In other words, fit the plugs and go.

Aaron_McQueen

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 02:39:37 PM »

You could also get the MT-X expansion box:
http://aviom.com/Aviom-Products-6/Accessories-46/MT-X-Expansion-Box

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 02:39:37 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.