ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MLA  (Read 6518 times)

Preston Soper

Folks, We have reached our cruising altitude now, so I'm going to switch the seatbelt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land… It's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wing it affects the flight pattern.

Robert Sims

Re: MLA
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 02:01:36 AM »

I was fortunate to go hangout with Ferrit and guys at a demo in the Orleans arena 2 weeks ago. There was an engineer there with his Pro Tools playing live recorded tracks thru a Venue. That's a great way to demo speakers in that you get to hear live music as a whole but also individual instruments solo'd and as the engineered tweaked I could hear every move of the EQ no matter where I was and he hit his marks very quickly. 

The mix was at about 105dba according to the Iphone and it was very comfortable listening at all locations. Since the room was empty there was a reflection off the back of the arena but I swear it even sounded better.

I guess it really doesn't matter how long the calculations take if you know the venue measurements, they can be entered and calculated anytime anywhere. They did switch between presets but I don't think they did it as audio was being passed. If they did, I wasn't aware. In one instance they defeated the high pass on the mains. That was impressive to hear the low end. I'd be tempted to slide the sub crossover down a little farther.

Every time someone's phone rang, they walked about 5 feet upstage and had a conversation with the floor stacked subs active. Amazingly quite.
The power distro and the data connections are well thought out and I like that the subs have a square foot print for all orientations.

On a side note, the side fills were fed opposite side audio (Left fill gets right side audio), I think the best seat in the house was 15 rows up at 45 degrees. Great image great sound.

Yes, it's a game changer.
Robert

I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: MLA
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 02:01:36 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.