ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Washing mics: Regular or Gentle cycle?  (Read 7456 times)

Pete Bansen

Re: Washing mics: Regular or Gentle cycle?
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 11:55:07 PM »

Am I out of luck with this mic? My cables are with the rest of the rig in another town tonight. I've had mics get pretty wet in the rain before, but not twenty minutes of churning water and laundry detergent.

My guess is that you are out of luck, but I hope that you'll report back once you have had a chance to rinse it, bury it in rice or dunk it in a pint of stout...

Dave Barnett

Re: Washing mics: Regular or Gentle cycle?
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 04:34:36 PM »

It's probably time to take advantage of Shure's exchange service:

http://www.shure.com/idc/groups/primary_content/@americas/documents/webcontent/pdf_en_us_service_fees.pdf

$59 for a Beta98.

Joe Sawaya

Follow up
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 09:55:05 PM »

The mic sat on the kitchen counter in a dry, air-conditioned house before I got the chance to put it back in the mic box. I didn't do anything else to it (rice, distilled water flush, etc) like I wanted to. I finally had a minute tonight to plug it in. I'm no tom drum, but my "check-one-two" sounded pretty clean through it. I'll try it on a high SPL source soon. But the first diagnosis seems to indicate the dodging of a bullet.

Thank you for your comments.

Joe

Albert Thomas

Re: Follow up
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 12:48:07 AM »

The mic sat on the kitchen counter in a dry, air-conditioned house before I got the chance to put it back in the mic box. I didn't do anything else to it (rice, distilled water flush, etc) like I wanted to. I finally had a minute tonight to plug it in. I'm no tom drum, but my "check-one-two" sounded pretty clean through it. I'll try it on a high SPL source soon. But the first diagnosis seems to indicate the dodging of a bullet.

Thank you for your comments.

Joe

Cool! Good testimonial for the toughness of Shure mics.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Follow up
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 12:48:07 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.