Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Source for 200' CAT-5e snake and reel

(1/2) > >>

John Moore:
Need to find a source for the above...looked via search but did not turn up much....we have a 100' from Allen Heath, but don't want to put two together with a connector in the middle, since some events we do are on grass.

Tracy Garner:

--- Quote from: John Moore on July 11, 2011, 05:26:53 PM ---Need to find a source for the above...looked via search but did not turn up much....we have a 100' from Allen Heath, but don't want to put two together with a connector in the middle, since some events we do are on grass.

--- End quote ---

Cables To Go has that length but I didn't see the reel as part of it - just the cable.

Jonathan Kok:

--- Quote from: John Moore on July 11, 2011, 05:26:53 PM ---Need to find a source for the above...looked via search but did not turn up much....we have a 100' from Allen Heath, but don't want to put two together with a connector in the middle, since some events we do are on grass.

--- End quote ---
Both Gepco and Belden make DuraCAT cables (rubberized jacket), available in up to four channels (4x C5e).  As for pre-finished, Roland has one (though not as durable, and not sure of the manufacturer), Rapco has a couple of types (again, not sure of the cable manufacturer), Digiflex uses Belden I believe.
Roll your own reel. Canare's are nice, but costly.  Rapco's are cheaper.  With a Canare reel, you can install a Neutrik EtherCON panel-mount on it so that you don't need to unreel the whole thing every time.  Wind out as much as you need, then patch into the jack on the reel.  I don't know that you can order it from Canare, pre-made with the DuraCAT, but it'd be worth looking into.

Craig Leerman:

--- End quote ---

Markertek.com has a lot of different reels with Cat5.

http://www.markertek.com/Cable-Management-Protection/Cable-Reels/TecNec-Cables-Connectors/MKR-12.xhtml?MKR-12

Darren Scaresbrook:
Hi John,
I'm using Ramcat from Klotz. I generally use 2 x 250ft (ethernet and ethersound) runs, and even if fully extended they are quick and easy to roll by hand. About the same diameter as a mic cable but a lot tougher outer jacket. The ethercons fit and clamp really nicely. If you don't use a reel, they take up next to no space in the leads packer too  :D
Darren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version