ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Need in-ear suggestions for six musicians, no budget for Aviom.  (Read 8715 times)

Kent Thompson

Re: Need in-ear suggestions for six musicians, no budget for Aviom.
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 11:42:19 PM »

I'm tech at a very high energy church in Detroit.  It's time to bring down the stage levels significantly so that FOH can be reasonable.  There is probably no way that we can afford more than a grand right now for the job.  Right now it's six aux mixes into wedges from an Allen & Heath GL2200.  Instrumentally, I have compressor/gate inserts on the kick, snare and bass guitar. 
I generally feel comfortable running in-ear mixes from the board, since I have lots of experience doing it for a working band that I also take care of.  The big difference is that there's a revolving cast at the church day by day.  My fear of doing this is that FOH is quite a ways away from the stage.  It would be very easy to miss a distress call. 
I'm looking for a few things:
-Suggestions or leads on any reliable system, new or used, that does what an Aviom system does, and is in our ball park for price.
-Recommend a stage-controlled monitor system/board that is simple enough to be run by a musician and is within our price range.
-Alternate suggestions that include ears.

We use this with wired headphones and one wireless in ear
http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=6
Not fancy but, it gets the job done. We can control our monitor mixes with ipads since we have a digital board but, it has 6 channels a common stereo input and a built in talk back circuit. not bad for the $300 some odd dollars we paid for it.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Need in-ear suggestions for six musicians, no budget for Aviom.
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 11:42:19 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.