ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Using 18" and 15" subs in the same system?  (Read 7594 times)

Don DiMasi

Re: Using 18" and 15" subs in the same system?
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 10:48:13 PM »

Doubt seriously that bridging the 3602 will make that much of a difference. The Magnum-LF 18" was rated at 800w, so the amp in stereo is not too far off (by my conservative approach) from enough, but I suspect the speaker will start going into power compression by the time you add more raw power. Incidentally, the Magnum line has gone away, so you'll need to look for another woofer.

I spoke to Eminence, and the Definimax 18LF is a good match. I used Eminence Designer to design the boxes, and the graph using the Definimax looks almost identical to the Magnum 18LF.

Franklin Benjamin

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 09:39:27 AM »

Franklin,

The SB250s are only 19" deep. So if they're standing upright side by side in the van, it'd leave me more room for the other gear. I really like how my current subs sound, so I'd be reluctant to do away with them. I think eventually, a trailer will be on the list of things to buy... ;)

Sounds like a plan.  I don't know if you have tried yet but you might want to look into optimizing your truck pack.  The order in which they go into the van and where in the van you put them might give you the needed room. 

Good luck.  Also, I can't tell by the pics but if you don't have grills on the subs, you should.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 09:39:27 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.